Louisville Tailgate Theme | The Boneyard

Louisville Tailgate Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
With the Friday night game coming up, I am looking for any ideas for the tailgate theme. I have a large crowd that we will serve, and have the normal burger and dog fare to keep the crowd going.

Along with those standards, what are some ideas that I can put together for a LARGE group. I have all day to prepare so that is not an issue.

All suggestions are considered, even from the deep-enders and curmudgeons. ;)

thanks!

Reaction Score
You can go all different ways...I have taken a whole beef tenderloin and cut it into chunks then marinated it. It almost becomes like finger food and allows something that would usually feed 10-12 as steaks feed 20-25. I have also slow roasted a whole sirloin all day and made beef on a weck sandwiches (google how to make a Weckenheimer roll out of a hard roll)...or just use regular hard rolls. I am down to 1-2 tailgates per year serving 30-40...it used to be like that on a weekly basis. PM me if you want any other help.

Reaction Score
get some chicken tenderloin strips ( I recommend stew leonards naked chicken) about 3 pounds worth. marinate in teriyaki or hot sauce, or both. put on skewers. should get you about 25 skewers worth, it also keeps the grills going and people can eat it with their hands. another good one for this game might be a large pan of apple crisp (heavy, warm, sweet) with whip cream

Reaction Score
our tailgate theme is going to include a picture of the pope hanging from the canopy

Reaction Score
OK, here's a real response if you want southern flair and something you can easily make for a crowd. Pulled pork isn't difficult people. This may not be the greatest ever but it's pretty good for as little work is involved.

- butterfly (remove bone) from a boston butt (or 2 or 3) so it can lay fairly flat
- generously apply whatever type of BBQ rub you like (adding some Liquid Smoke optional)
- roast tighly covered with foil in a shallow pan at 250 for about 2 hours
- take out, drain off (but keep) the liquid and put back in for another 2-3 hours
- when it can be pulled apart with 2 forks, remove as much fat as you can (most will have melted away), shred it into a bowl and add whatever combo of BBQ sauce and reserved liquid you like

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For 'ville I'd think you have to go ribs. Go with short ribs.
th

Do a dry rub of 1TBS chili, 1/2 TBS paprika, 1/4 TBS onion powder and 1/4 TBS cinnamon. Line them up and slow cook them @ 250 for an hour or so. Finish with a sweet smoky BBQ sauce the last 15 mins. If you want to do it easy use Bulleye and add some catsup, cinnamon, a little more chili powder if you like it spice and some brown sugar.

Reaction Score
You can try variations of the Hot Brown and Derby Pie, famous Louisville faire

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm thinking it has to be some kind of bird (likely chicken) in a red sauce. I have a few ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom