Louisville game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I think Geno should have used a TO to get a good shot at the end of the half.

Reaction Score
I like Tuck's potential, but I'm not sure why she plays over Stokes. Kiah is the best defensive post player UConn has, and she's an adequate offensive player to boot.

Stokes coming off injury

Reaction Score
Holy crap Bria. Enough with the 3 point attempts. 1-7 ought to put her on ice for the rest of the game. Kaleena should be making 7 attempts, not Bria...

They were all wide open. She needs to shoot herself out of her slump.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Antonelli is an idiot. Kelly put the ball on the floor before her second foot touched let alone a third step. There was absolutely no travel and no reason to like the call.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kelly (Or any player) is allowed one step. She was blocked immediately. Foul on Schimmel. Terrible job by refs.
Yes, you are allowed both feet and a step.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure who he was barking at for letting Schimmel through....
Should have been all of them. Looked like nobody was paying attention to her.

U

UCONNfan1

They were all wide open. She needs to shoot herself out of her slump.
Perhaps, but clearly nothing she's done is working. Kaleena only averages 6 3-point attempts per game. And she's shooting 50%. Bria is as quick as most guards and I've never understood why she doesn't drive more. When it becomes clear your 3-point shots aren't falling, if you still want to shoot, then try something else. Obviously I'm not a coach, nor am I a player, but seeing her jack up 7 shots when our best two shooters take 6 attempts combined is not the right mix of shots. Just my opinion...

Reaction Score
Perhaps, but clearly nothing she's done is working. Kaleena only averages 6 3-point attempts per game. And she's shooting 50%. Bria is as quick as most guards and I've never understood why she doesn't drive more. When it becomes clear your 3-point shots aren't falling, if you still want to shoot, then try something else. Obviously I'm not a coach, nor am I a player, but seeing her jack up 7 shots when our best two shooters take 6 attempts combined is not the right mix of shots. Just my opinion...

Those players need to get themselves open.

I would rather Bria confidently take those shots than be passive. They'll fall eventually, because she's a good three point shooter.

These weren't bad shots, they were WIDE open. She rushed them. They're flat because she's coming off of injury (probably a reason she doesn't want to drive) but they are still wide open. Geno would probably be angry with her for passing them up.

Reaction Score
Those players need to get themselves open.

I would rather Bria confidently take those shots than be passive. They'll fall eventually, because she's a good three point shooter.

These weren't bad shots, they were WIDE open. She rushed them. They're flat because she's coming off of injury (probably a reason she doesn't want to drive) but they are still wide open. Geno would probably be angry with her for passing them up.

Yes.
And Bria did make some drives, getting several layups.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That drives me nuts. OK, call a foul on KML on the reach in but make sure you call Louisville on the OTHER end on the reach-in after Doty gets a rebound. The inconsistency is maddening.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great block by Stef but called for the foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom