Louisville Fan Here, | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville Fan Here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The game was on ESPN3. Some people don't get good enough internet feeds to see a clear picture. Also, he is not a fan of UConn, so why would he be watching a game against Maine on a Thursday night. There are plenty of people who are interested in sports, but don't want to watch every game. That is why sports center was created.
Nope, thats why DirecTV was created. UCONN fans are getting soft. Im going to continue to hammer the kid because im bored tonight

Reaction Score
Really pleased with Andre so far, but for an 18 year old kid I don't expect him to be superman until March. He has a lot to learn and he seems to have a good attitude about that.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The number of people who have direcTV in this country is next to nothing.
Over 20 million households is next to nothing? Perahps, but any self respecting basketball fan would find a way to get it. Again, Im just hammering the kid (and by proxy, you, because im bored and have nothing better to do while watching Nevada bitch slap UOP on firstrowsports.com)

Reaction Score
It represents about 10% of America and most people who have it are affluent. We are talking about a person from Kentucky/ lives in Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Yeah im in a College Basketball fantasy league and I picked Drummond up pretty high. But Im glad to see he got a double double, Watching the game, does it seem like hes nearly ready to dominate come conference play?

I think Drummond will average 10-12 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks. Not sure if that is "dominating" but he will be one of the leaders in rebounds and blocks. It doesn't help that he has the starting PF and C from a national championship team to compete with for minutes, even as good as he is.

Reaction Score
as long as he stays out of foul trouble, he should get those numbers (10-12/10/3) with no problem. the improvement hes shown each game has been awesome, and hes not even playing close to his potential. he got 11/14/4 tonight and missed a bunch of bunnies/went 1-8 from the line. id love to see the other guys just lob it up to him at the rim when they drive the lane, there were multiple times tonight i thought he could have gotten easy oops.

Reaction Score
Do you really need to hear any more than this? Kid just turned 18, has a broken nose, is wearing a mask, had 10 and 14 some bag is questioning his game? Come on bag, the kid is going to be nasty.
Woww. You need to relax man. He was asking a genuine question. If I wasnt a Huskies fan and hadnt seen a game, Id be asking the same thing after only seeing the stats. He even prefaced the by saying "no smack". Quit giving Uconn fans a bad name. Youre the one coming across sounding like a Kentucky fan.

Reaction Score
At my age, ive earned the right to be grumpy. Especially with rival fans who come to our board and ask silly questions about one of our Freshman who happened to have the best game of his career tonight. Do you actually believe the poster actually has watched either of our games or saw Drummond have a double/double tonight? Of course not.
Why does he need to watch the games? He obv doesnt live in the area. I have friends who are bigtime fans that live in Boston and they couldnt watch. Even if he saw the games, Andre was completely awful in the first one. The second game he was much better, and obv tonight he dominated at times. But at the time he asked the question, AD was averaging 4 and 4 with one scoreless game in which he was horrendous. Guy came to the board and asked a legit question and you berate him.

Reaction Score
The Louisville guy was alright, legitimate ? And not everybody gets Direct so why the hammer the poor guy. It' s like the friar board where I post occasssionally

Reaction Score
I am with CAL on this one. He needs to relax? He is spot on.

Fans can come here and ask stupid questions if they want to- that does not mean they will not get called stupid.
Read one of the 50 articles about him- read one after the game. He basically is asking why AD has not lived up to the hype-let me translate "why as AD sucked so far this year".

It's like me going to their board and asking "why are so many players on your team getting hurt- do you think it will effect your depth this year"? The answer would be yes and it would be a stupid question.

This place is getting soft.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Did anyone track the minutes Drummond and AO played together??? I don't recall it happening until late in 1st half or early second half, but they appeared to play together effortlessly. Some tandem.

Reaction Score
I am with CAL on this one. He needs to relax? He is spot on.

Fans can come here and ask stupid questions if they want to- that does not mean they will not get called stupid.
Read one of the 50 articles about him- read one after the game. He basically is asking why AD has not lived up to the hype-let me translate "why as AD sucked so far this year".

It's like me going to their board and asking "why are so many players on your team getting hurt- do you think it will effect your depth this year"? The answer would be yes and it would be a stupid question.

This place is getting soft.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you two. Just because the guy prefaced his comment with "no smack" doesn't mean he's being genuine. What if I went to a Louisville board, prefaced my comment with "no smack" and followed it with "why is Kentucky clearly better than Louisville"? I'm sure I would be banned from the board.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how Drummond and AO will Play together Drummond has shown some flashes of his passing ability and with AO hitting some 10-12 footers along with Daniels lamb and shabazz hitting threes teams will have to pick their poison

Reaction Score
This ville fan is asking the same question on other UConn boards too. Either he's talkin' smack, or extremely curious about a player he won't see for 2 more months.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This ville fan is asking the same question on other UConn boards too. Either he's talkin' smack, or extremely curious about a player he won't see for 2 more months.
I get the impression he is more concerned about his fantasy team than anything else and is looking for feedback whether to keep or trade AD from different sources. If I'm correct a UConn board could be little biased so he's looking for confirmation from other observers regarding the comments we made.

Only the guy really knows his purpose for posting here. The rest of us are only guessing his purpose and giving reasons why we believe what we do. Nothing wrong with that as long as we recognize our opinions are just that and nothing more.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Jim is in breakdown mold

he tears them down and then rebuilds them from scratch

one of the reasons he doesn't land the AD's of the world. Most of those kids just want pampering and PT and then it's off to the NBA

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Jim is in breakdown mold

he tears them down and then rebuilds them from scratch

one of the reasons he doesn't land the AD's of the world. Most of those kids just want pampering and PT and then it's off to the NBA
A lot of validity here willie. And when Jim is in breakdown mode, the team does not overwhelm seemingly inferior teams.

Reaction Score
CAHusky your point that the Louisville fan should simply watch the game is ridiculous for two reasons.

1. The boneyard is a credible, and QUICK source for finding the info on Drummond he needs.
2. You are asking him to spend time and do extra homework on the subject, when it has already been established that he could just the boneyard as a source.

Then if he does not want to spend that time, he is therefore a in your eyes.

The logic makes absolutely no sense

You make it seem like the fan barged in here. Its a forum,

ctchamps

Reaction Score
At my age, ive earned the right to be grumpy. Especially with rival fans who come to our board and ask silly questions about one of our Freshman who happened to have the best game of his career tonight. Do you actually believe the poster actually has watched either of our games or saw Drummond have a double/double tonight? Of course not.
With the move I've kind of lost track of who people are. I'm just wondering if you are the CAHUSKY near Reno. If so, how things going for you with that horrible fire?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thank goodness we are gainfully employed and don't live in KY.
Some of don't have DirectTV because it sucks if you have lots of trees ruining the sight lines to the sattelites, and suffers outages in the snow. Not that you have that problem, but I suspect many of us do. With ESPN3 through my XBox now, I'm not paying for SNY.

That said, this guy, if genuine, should now come back and post a "nice game from A.D." reply.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Some of don't have DirectTV because it sucks if you have lots of trees ruining the sight lines to the sattelites, and suffers outages in the snow. Not that you have that problem, but I suspect many of us do. With ESPN3 through my XBox now, I'm not paying for SNY.

That said, this guy, if genuine, should now come back and post a "nice game from A.D." reply.
If his only interest was to get info for a fantasy bb team he is long gone. Shouldn't mean anything to us.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
He had 11 offensive rebounds last night, along with 4 blocks (1 which was more or less a volleyball spike into the stands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom