Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess we need to wait a year to see Paige outduel Hailey Van Lith. :(

And Barclay is the only venue I can go to so double suck. :(:(

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
So the one article says it's because they'd need to fly, the other says uncertainty about attendance.

I was a little taken aback about the needing to fly remark, as it's only about a 12-hour drive (Ive driven to Louisville many times). And I'd think for that game if they really wanted to fly, they could take a charter flight, which wouldn't be any different from chartering a bus, virus-safety-wise.

Bummer either way. They should be fun to watch this season.

Reaction Score

And Barclay is the only venue I can go to so double suck. :(:(
Another option - Paige get 10 assists passing to Azzi who outduels Hailey Van Lith?

Reaction Score
What was the date for this game.?All I see is a 9/11 Never Forget Tribute game?

Reaction Score
Another option - Paige get 10 assists passing to Azzi who outduels Hailey Van Lith?
I am sorry about the cancellation as I was really looking forward to it. Despite that I have a question. Will either Paige or Hailey Van Lith start for their respective teams this coming year? That is a big question at U of L since Hailey Van Lith will have significant competition from Evans, Kianna Smith (#17 ESPN, MAC, Cal transfer) , and Ahlana Smith (UCLA transfer. JC Player of the year)?

Reaction Score
UConn played Louisville when they were both in the AAC, not the ACC. Interesting how Louisville cancelled the game.

Reaction Score
Well they did play season before last whan UConn was in the AAC and Louisville in the ACC. Flying had little to do with the cancellation. Also I am not sure if stating that "Louisville" cancelled the game is entirely correct. What Walz said yesterday at his press conference is this: "Because of what’s going on right now it was probably going to be difficult to be able to get much of a crowd in there right now,” and "So instead of just doing a wait-and-see, I think we’ve agreed to push it back a year. So we’ll hopefully get it worked out for next year and be able to get that up and going again."

Reaction Score
Also I am not sure if stating that "Louisville" cancelled the game is entirely correct.

This ^^^^

And if the "cluck cluck cluck" comment from a previous poster was meant to imply that Walz is chicken to play UConn, you don't know him very well. He will play anyone anywhere, and his past scheduling reflects that.

Hopefully the game is rescheduled for 2021. Then we'll see Paige vs. Hailey Van Lith

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Cluck cluck cluck...
If this is meant to imply that Walz is afraid to play UConn, nonsense.

Louisville just completed a home and away series with UConn in 2018 and 2019.

Walz also — perhaps more than any other coach of an elite program — has demonstrated a willingness to schedule home-and-aways with top mid-major programs. Just in the past three years, he has played true road games at South Dakota State, Central Michigan, Western Kentucky, MTSU and Boise State (inter alia). The vast majority of so-called power conference coaches steadfastly refuse to play such games.

Reaction Score
This def benefits you guys. Paige may be good but she is not as good as Dana Evans is, but neither is any other PG in the country. :D:D:D:D

I am sure it was cancelled because the North East is the center of the Covid 19 crisis. Its not anyone at UConn's fault, but Jeff would get tarred and feathered if a kid got sick flying thru NY as opposed if they were to get sick going anywhere else. The UofL/UConn games on in demand. We will play in the regular season again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The northeast may be the hot spot right now but that can change given 5 months till the start of the season. My guess is that the Barkley Center isn't interested in hosting a game in an empty arena.

Dana Evans may be the better player right now but I'd wager that Walz would swap one for one. :) This UConn fan doesn't see any game cancellation as a benefit.
Looks like UL fans are becoming like S Car fans, they win one game and think they own the series.

Reaction Score
If this game is played Paige and Hailey Van Lith senior it’s going to be the hottest ticket in town

Reaction Score
Looks like UL fans are becoming like S Car fans, they win one game and think they own the series.

Where on here did anyone say that Louisville fans think they own the series?

We won a regular season game in 2018-19 but UConn won the game that counted.

Reaction Score
UConn needed to cancel some Out-of-conference games. This cancelation makes sense for both teams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:(:(
:eek: I'm pretty sure you were going to have to wait a year anyway. Wasn't Jeff probably going to redshirt Hailey Van Lith? :D

Reaction Score
:eek: I'm pretty sure you were going to have to wait a year anyway. Wasn't Jeff probably going to redshirt Hailey Van Lith? :D

Redshirt Hailey Van Lith?????????:):):)

Coco, from what deranged sports fan did you hear that little bit of nonsense? That cannot even pretend to be gossip, it is so silly.

Reaction Score
This helps UConn add another quality game for the 21-22 season. That UConn team is going to be absolutely stacked and many coaches will not be willing to play them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UConn needed to cancel some Out-of-conference games. This cancelation makes sense for both teams.
I agree that UConn may have cancelled but ask LVille to announce it so UConn fans can say Jeff is cluck cluck cluck

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom