Louisville being Louisville again.... | The Boneyard

Louisville being Louisville again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Poor Jeff. 17 up in the second quarter...down to 1 point lead with 8 minutes to go. Same old Cardinal: Run fast...jump high...miss shot...fast break the other way. Of course, Michigan St. can match their silliness. Humorous to watch though.

Reaction Score
Louisville is still a work in progress. However, they got Durr back and she is a big addition- about 15 points for her now

Reaction Score
Louisville is still a work in progress. However, they got Durr back and she is a big addition- about 15 points for her now

Looks like they'll close the deal.

Lobo made an amusing comment re: last year's seniors for UL setting the tone for the team with their defense, that allowed the freshmen to score. Defense? Louisville?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They did.

The long road back has started

Reaction Score
Poor Jeff. 17 up in the second quarter...down to 1 point lead with 8 minutes to go. Same old Cardinal: Run fast...jump high...miss shot...fast break the other way. Of course, Michigan St. can match their silliness. Humorous to watch though.

Poor Jeff? They just got a win on the road to a really good team led by Aerial Powers and Tori Jankoska. They had 5 players in double figures. Durr put up 20. I'd say Jeff is very pleased right now, irrespective of the sloppy third quarter play.

Reaction Score
Louisville's defense and rebounding is bad, it will be a long season for them.

Durr had 20 points, but limped off the court at the end

Reaction Score
Poor Jeff? They just got a win on the road to a really good team led by Aerial Powers and Tori Jankoska. They had 5 players in double figures. Durr put up 20. I'd say Jeff is very pleased right now, irrespective of the sloppy third quarter play.

Disagree with Mich. St. being a "really good team." Powers has athletic ability. The other girl just dribbles all over the court, never looking to pass and then bull-dozes her way to a missed layup.

UL is talented. Whether they can play as a team, we'll see.

Reaction Score
Disagree with Mich. St. being a "really good team." Powers has athletic ability. The other girl just dribbles all over the court, never looking to pass and then bull-dozes her way to a missed layup.

UL is talented. Whether they can play as a team, we'll see.
Lol. The "other girl" is averaging over 22 points per game and almost 4 assists per game. You're right though, this was definitely an off game for her.

It will be interesting to watch Louisville mature as the season progresses. Oh well. They can't all be like UCONN.

Reaction Score
Lol. The "other girl" is averaging over 22 points per game and almost 4 assists per game. You're right though, this was definitely an off game for her.

It will be interesting to watch Louisville mature as the season progresses. Oh well. They can't all be like UCONN.

Hard to believe she ever passes the ball. I'll take your word for the stats...against St. Mary's of Northern Neb. or whomever.

BTW, I hear the OSU "dynamic duo" is tearing it up, except for when they played...

Reaction Score

MSU is not a good team..very slow, their post players are poor and Jankoska just plain stinks!! Powers has some skills, but she's not enough. If Powers has an Achilles injury they not only will fall out of the rankings, they won't make the tournament.

Reaction Score
MSU is not a good team..very slow, their post players are poor and Jankoska just plain stinks!! Powers has some skills, but she's not enough. If Powers has an Achilles injury they not only will fall out of the rankings, they won't make the tournament.
Durr was the difference. They were saying the trainer was looking at Powers ankle, not the Achilles, so perhaps they lucked out there.

Reaction Score
They were saying the trainer was looking at Powers ankle, not the Achilles, so perhaps they lucked out there.

That's what they were saying, but when Powers was on the floor she was clearly touching her achilles tendon several inches above her ankle, so we'll see what it turns out to be. Without her they are clearly not a tournament caliber team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I don't think Jankoska stills. I've seen her play multiple times and she has played well. I didn't see this game but maybe she did stink, but I've seen other good players stink it up at times

Reaction Score
I don't think Jankoska stills. I've seen her play multiple times and she has played well. I didn't see this game but maybe she did stink, but I've seen other good players stink it up at times
First time I've seen her play this year, but I saw her play a couple of times last year. She has a decent PPG avg. but she takes a lot of shots to get it and she's a bit of a ball hog. Very low assist numbers, but the biggest flaw is she doesn't defend and she has really slow feet. The whole MSU team is slow, but for a 5' 8" guard she seems particular lead footed and last night's performance was really awful.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you look at the box score you can see where Louisville won, but it takes a bit. Both teams shot pretty well, UL 53%/47%, and MSU 49%/44%. Both took 55 shots. FT's were close UL 19/24 and MSU 17/21. But MSU out-rebounded UL 37-22. Oh boy. So how did Louisville win? MSU with 27 TOs vs UL's 18. Wow, 27. Yea, that'll do it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As an exercise, I'd love for posters to define what they consider a "good" team. In WCBB, there are top 25 rankings from several sources and that won't change any time soon, so really, there are 25 teams every week who will be ranked in the top 25.

UCONN is far ahead of every other team at this time so so comparing other teams to UCONN in terms of who's good and who's not isn't really fair. We've seen two "top 10" teams in Texas and Tenn basically in a street brawl. Those who watched the game were equal parts amused and horrified that these 2 teams were considered top 10...

My point is, no other team plays basketball close to the way UCONN does except maybe Notre Dame, Stanford, and maybe Depaul. Are they the only other "good" team out there? Several watched top 10 OS play (struggle) last night against 2-5 Marquette and observed how slow and plodding Oregon State looked.

I would say the way Depaul played against UCONN - most would consider them a good team. But Depaul lost to Baylor by 14 - very similar to the margin vs. UCONN. Should Depaul be in the top 10? Maybe #5 or so? They certainly gave UCONN a better game than Ohio State. Depaul has games coming up against ND, aTm and #15 Northwestern so they certainly can make a case to move up in the rankings.

I'm not getting down on anyone who says other teams aren't "good", but I think it's relative - no one is good compared to UCONN right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom