Louisville Answers Notice of Allegations | The Boneyard

Louisville Answers Notice of Allegations

What Penalty(ies) Will Louisville Get (PSB-post season ban, LS-lost scholarships)

• Death Penalty for three years, with UConn permanently replacing them in the ACC

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 5 year PSB, 3 LS per year for 5 years, no on campus recruiting for 5 years and $1,500,000 fine

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 3 year PSB, 3 LS per year for 3 years, no on campus recruiting for 3 years and $1,000,000 fine

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 1 year PSB, 3 LS per year for 2 years, no on campus recruiting for 2 years and $500,000 fine

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • $100 fine and letter of congratulations for resolving violations by former employees

Votes: 47 54.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score

According to the NCAA's penalty guidelines, those Level I infractions deemed "aggravated" by an institutional history of infractions or by violations that were "premeditated, deliberate or committed after substantial planning," call for a postseason ban from one to five years, scholarship reductions of 10-25%, limits on recruiting visits and financial penalties.

Factors that could mitigate U of L's penalties include prompt acknowledgement of violations, acceptance of responsibility and the imposition of "meaningful" corrective measures, which would presumably include the housecleaning that cost Pitino and Jurich their jobs.

No matter how many think the NCAA will give them a total pass and won't want to harm the ACC (and anger more of their constituency), it just seems logical (big mistake, I know) that another Level I infraction, while Louisville was already on probation for a Level I infraction, demands a significant penalty.

Reaction Score

According to the NCAA's penalty guidelines, those Level I infractions deemed "aggravated" by an institutional history of infractions or by violations that were "premeditated, deliberate or committed after substantial planning," call for a postseason ban from one to five years, scholarship reductions of 10-25%, limits on recruiting visits and financial penalties.

Factors that could mitigate U of L's penalties include prompt acknowledgement of violations, acceptance of responsibility and the imposition of "meaningful" corrective measures, which would presumably include the housecleaning that cost Pitino and Jurich their jobs.

No matter how many think the NCAA will give them a total pass and won't want to harm the ACC (and anger more of their constituency), it just seems logical (big mistake, I know) that another Level I infraction, while Louisville was already on probation for a Level I infraction, demands a significant penalty.
Nothing impactful will happen. Maybe a postseason ban or lose a few games, but nothing on a death penalty level.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will probably factor in the letters of support Louisville will submit from North Carolina, Syracuse, LSU, Arizona, Kansas, and Iona, attesting to the laudable compliance culture at Louisville which rivals their own.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will probably vacate a bunch of games. BFD. But you are correct that they won’t want to anger the ACC. Or weaken it. And so they will pretend that there are mitigating factors.
Oh, and Eastern Kentucky will probably get the death penalty

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
They should just go with, "Why are we still talking about this?".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Caught paying players while on probation for buying hookers for players? They should burn that place to the ground. I guess they’ll get a post season ban for one year and have more forfeited games and some scholarship restrictions. But the thing that really infuriates me is that we got a postseason ban for APR after the NCAA changed the rules, the penalized us twice for the same offense, and ignored our current scores which would have put us in compliance.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
NCAA will never hand out the “death penalty” again.
Then take it off the books. Louisville did the equivalent of dropping a deuce on their desks after having a natty taken off the books. If they don’t DP ‘ville they won’t do anyone.

Reaction Score
Caught paying players while on probation for buying hookers for players? They should burn that place to the ground. I guess they’ll get a post season ban for one year and have more forfeited games and some scholarship restrictions. But the thing that really infuriates me is that we got a postseason ban for APR after the NCAA changed the rules, the penalized us twice for the same offense, and ignored our current scores which would have put us in compliance.

I couldn't believe their logic when they denied our appeal based on the latest year's APR results. For those that don't remember they said somthing on the order of, "because different schools are on semesters, quarters and trimesters, we must wait until all have reported their results before certifying them, so the score an individual school submits for the latest year is irrelevant without the other schools results."
As if our APR would be changed by the other schools results or reporting dates..............almost had a hemorrhage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom