Louisville agrees to pay 11 million, and leaves 18 million to exit AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville agrees to pay 11 million, and leaves 18 million to exit AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
This season with Louisville, UConn, Cincy, and Memphis...I think the AAC will make plenty of noise in March...it will set a nice foundation for the future.

Reaction Score
This season with Louisville, UConn, Cincy, and Memphis...I think the AAC will make plenty of noise in March...it will set a nice foundation for the future.
Right. Having 3-4 teams winning will take care of all these problems, and eventually build depth (you can't do it with one team only, as Memphis has found out). With Temple, UConn, Memphis, and Cincy, we have four teams with good to great traditions. But with only 4 teams with tradition, an off year or two from them (like Temple is having this year) is devastating without further depth.

Reaction Score

You seem like a good guy, so I want to apologize in advance for all of the nasty stuff I will say about U of M in the future. I am pretty familiar with it, I went to that little college on North Parkway.

I have two memories of Memphis Football. Back in the day you could basically walk into any game for free and nobody checked to see if you had a ticket. And I was at the game when Memphis beat UT, and basically knocked Peyton out of the Heisman race. The whole stadium was orange that day.

Anyways it's good to see that someone is upbeat about the AAC. But for us it really just serves to fill our schedules.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Right. Having 3-4 teams winning will take care of all these problems, and eventually build depth (you can't do it with one team only, as Memphis has found out). With Temple, UConn, Memphis, and Cincy, we have four teams with good to great traditions. But with only 4 teams with tradition, an off year or two from them (like Temple is having this year) is devastating without further depth.

I think we will consistently see one of the Tulsa, UCF, USF, SMU, Houston group step up and challenge the top of the conference.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You seem like a good guy, so I want to apologize in advance for all of the nasty stuff I will say about U of M in the future. I am pretty familiar with it, I went to that little college on North Parkway.

I have two memories of Memphis Football. Back in the day you could basically walk into any game for free and nobody checked to see if you had a ticket. And I was at the game when Memphis beat UT, and basically knocked Peyton out of the Heisman race. The whole stadium was orange that day.

Anyways it's good to see that someone is upbeat about the AAC. But for us it really just serves to fill our schedules.

then you went to the best college in Memphis...Rhodes is very, VERY nice...I've always loved their campus.

you should come down for a game...you wouldn't recognize the Cooper-Young area anymore...or the Liberty Bowl for that matter. (both for the better)

Reaction Score
I'll take it.

The war chest keeps getting bigger and bigger...plus we get the BCS payout $ this season.
You deserve nothing but a beating on the basketball court year in and year out.

Reaction Score
UConn gave up financial rights to this stupid conference in excess of what they get back. We are essentially paying for the privilege of playing on TV.
No UConn fan should be happy with what happened. In plain English we got screwed by the AAC and our own leadership.
You have a few schools that you share history with and your making more money than ever. You guys are winners in CR.
We on the other hand are pretty much paying to be in a conference that we are a founding member of,with no trad rivals. Nothing personal. Our rivalries in the Old Big East go back before the foundation of that league. We had are hearts ripped out.
Forgive us as we lack patience.
You have a great team and a great tradition. Larry Kenon was heroic in your Finals loss to Bill Walton and UCLA. Did Walton miss a shot?
Larry Larry teamed with Dr J and Super John Williamson to form one of the most entertaining teams ever. Three point shot and tri-colored basketball and all.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

Just an FYI...Rhodes won it's first football conference title since 1995...great article about them.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/nov/15/geoff-calkins-a-glorious-day-for-rhodes-football/

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Leaving the ACC for the B1G is like moving from Westport to Greenwich
Leaving the AAC for the ACC is like moving from Bridgeport to Westport

Who do you think is more excited about the move?

Hey Man I'm right in the Middle nothing wrong with that

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
one down...

If you think the AAC is the same as CUSA...you have no idea...try getting excited about UTEP, USM, and UAB as your "big" conference games...you guys don't know what it's like and hopefully won't have to...compared to CUSA a line up of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, and Temple is paradise.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you think the AAC is the same as CUSA...you have no idea...try getting excited about UTEP, USM, and UAB as your "big" conference games...you guys don't know what it's like and hopefully won't have to...compared to CUSA a line up of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, and Temple is paradise.

I can understand that sentiment, but it is the same in the sense that the national media gives or will give the AAC the same amount of thought as the pre-2003 C-USA which is not much.

Put it this way, in the old BE, MBB would be a national story as would the FB team being 0-9. Right now, both are page 12 news.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
CUSA pre-2003 was a very good hoops conference...you had:

Louisville
Cincy
Memphis
Charlotte
St Louis
UAB (when they were good)
DePaul (when they were good)

Consistently put 3-5 teams in the tourney.

Reaction Score
CUSA pre-2003 was a very good hoops conference...you had:

Louisville
Cincy
Memphis
Charlotte
St Louis
UAB (when they were good)
DePaul (when they were good)

Consistently put 3-5 teams in the tourney.
Marquette too. Definitely a good league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom