Louisville adds Three Transfers | The Boneyard

Louisville adds Three Transfers

Reaction Score
If everyone returns, that is a roster of 16 (although I think 1 may be a walk on).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Kiana Smith a grad transfer? Wonder If the GT girls will get waivers. Also wonder if this will have a downstream effect and any of their current players will end up leaving.

Reaction Score
Is Kiana Smith a grad transfer? Wonder If the GT girls will get waivers. Also wonder if this will have a downstream effect and any of their current players will end up leaving.
Smith was a sophomore.

Reaction Score
ACC Intraconference rules are very strict. Will be interesting.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
kick.gif

was hoping that somehow someway they would stay at Tech...... but at least they didnt go to the EVIL SEC.. no offense to any SEC posters

Reaction Score
I honestly wonder given GT's situation with the abuse allegations, if they allow those girls to play immediately. I am leaning towards yes. Smith will have to sit out a year though.

Reaction Score
Louisville will have Evans, Jones, Balougn, Smith, and incoming freshman Green, looks like someone will be coming off the bench for atlest 2 years, it could be hard keeping all that starting talent happy.

Reaction Score
Louisville will have Evans, Jones, Balougn, Smith, and incoming freshman Green, looks like someone will be coming off the bench for atlest 2 years, it could be hard keeping all that starting talent happy.
And assuming the GA Tech transfers are eligible this season, Diop, Jones, Evans, Balogun, and Green. Then they have Duvall, Robins, and Robinson, all top-40 recruits. Lots of high level talent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I honestly wonder given GT's situation with the abuse allegations, if they allow those girls to play immediately. I am leaning towards yes. Smith will have to sit out a year though.
The independent report that GT commissioned substantiated the allegations which is why Joseph was fired. Would have to believe the same report will be used as justification for a transfer waiver with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
This guy is a recruiting juggernaut. He loses transfers, but he's so stocked with talent, it doesn't matter. And then he snarfs up All-Americans.

He's an OK coach, but an A+ recruiter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This guy is a recruiting juggernaut. He loses transfers, but he's so stocked with talent, it doesn't matter. And then he snarfs up All-Americans.
He's an OK coach, but an A+ recruiter.
Are you grading on a curve here? If you give Jeff an A+ in recruiting what would you give:
Dawn SC
Kim Baylor
Brenda MD
Karen TX
Holly TN
Tara Stanford
All of who have had recent #1 recruiting classes and many more HS AA than Jeff.

Reaction Score
Are you grading on a curve here? If you give Jeff an A+ in recruiting what would you give:
Dawn SC
Kim Baylor
Brenda MD
Karen TX
Holly TN
Tara Stanford
All of who have had recent #1 recruiting classes and many more HS AA than Jeff.
The thing I like about Jeff is when a recruit comes to his campus, most of the time they don't leave without committing. I remember that happened with Asia Durr. (or within a few days). I don't know what he say to these recruits but he needs to bottle it and sell it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ACC Intraconference rules are very strict. Will be interesting.
The independent report that GT commissioned substantiated the allegations which is why Joseph was fired. Would have to believe the same report will be used as justification for a transfer waiver with the NCAA.

As Daball brought up, the ACC Intra-Conference rules are particularly strict. Not only is the NCAA sitting out one year rule part of the ACC policy, but they also count that year towards a player's eligibility.
(See bold below.)

Waivers are to be considered but only after the NCAA has given a waiver first. See Italics below.

My questions are this. As Coco brought up, say the NCAA grants a waiver because of the unsettled situation at Georgia Tech. Will that be good enough for the ACC? And will they still get charged for the one year of eligibility? Or does that aspect disappear since the one-year sitting out was waived? Makes a difference, no?

Should be interesting.

Section VI-2. Intra-Conference Transfer Rule.

A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution and who was recruited by the institution from which they are transferring, for whom the athletics department interceded in the admissions process, or who received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete one (1) academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive athletically related financial aid from the certifying institution.

Such an academic year of residency shall count as one of the student-athlete’s four (4) permissible seasons of competition permitted under NCAA legislation. During such a year of residency, the student-athlete is permitted to practice pursuant to NCAA eligibility rules regarding practice eligibility.

A transfer student-athlete admitted after the twelfth day of class may not utilize that semester or quarter for the purpose of establishing residency. Waivers of this ACC rule may be considered by the ACC faculty representatives, acting as a committee of the whole, provided the student-athlete has qualified for an exception or waiver of the NCAA four-year college transfer rule. Further, the waiver request must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Tech transfers were confident about getting a waiver to play next season before they committed. Wonder what other schools they visited.

I really do feel bad for Tech though.......... next year they had a chance to have a special year (by their standards)

Reaction Score
Per the Courier Journal article on the transfer, the ACC restrictions have been changed.

"Changes to Atlantic Coast Conference intraconference transfer rules effective in 2019-20 mean that Balogun and Dixon will not have to lose a season of eligibility."

The only thing left is to see if they get the waiver approved to play next year. There is a good possibility of this considering the issues at Georgia Tech. However, I'm not sure if Jeff is on the NCAA "good boy" list considering his critiques on officiating.

Reaction Score
The thing I like about Jeff is when a recruit comes to his campus, most of the time they don't leave without committing. I remember that happened with Asia Durr. (or within a few days). I don't know what he say to these recruits but he needs to bottle it and sell it.

I think they have a very large enclosed area where pets and other loved ones are kept on ropes and hanging over open fires until those recruits commit.

Reaction Score

Honestly, he's up there. Have to give the guy credit. And in contrast to those long-time established head coaches, he's come out of nowhere to take a lot of talent, in both quality and quantity.

I'm not saying he's a great coach, but he loads up on bodies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Tech transfers were confident about getting a waiver to play next season before they committed. Wonder what other schools they visited.

I really do feel bad for Tech though..... next year they had a chance to have a special year (by their standards)
Technically they could not have visited other schools because the recruiting calendar was in a "dead" period which ended 12 April. 12-14 April was the first window for official visits for 2019 transfers as well as players from the HS class of 2020. Next set of official visits cannot take place until 29 April.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom