Louisville - a side trip on the way to the Final Four | The Boneyard

Louisville - a side trip on the way to the Final Four

Reaction Score
We know Louisville very well. We lost to them by nine on January 31, 78-69. The game was very similar to last night's game against UCLA - early lead and then a slow demise. the difference was we pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps last night and won by owning the fourth quarter.

Against Louisville in January we shot 7 for 22 in the fourth quarter. I don't see that happening again tomorrow.

No surprises. It's all out in front of us. It's there for the taking.

Reaction Score
If Asia Durr can be kept in check everything else can be neutralized. I think Dana Evans had a good game too if I remember correctly. So if those are limited, we have a good chance.

Reaction Score
We know Louisville very well. We lost to them by nine on January 31, 78-69. The game was very similar to last night's game against UCLA - early lead and then a slow demise. the difference was we pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps last night and won by owning the fourth quarter.

Against Louisville in January we shot 7 for 22 in the fourth quarter. I don't see that happening again tomorrow.

No surprises. It's all out in front of us. It's there for the taking.

was KLS at 100% for that game? If so UConn is definitely at more of a disadvantage now..........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wish I can believe that this is just a scenic stop on the way to the FF but I cant.

Louisville is playing excellent defense, has an excellent coach and multiple players on their team can hurt us offensively in different ways.

This will be an absolute dog fight and if any one of our players is in significant foul trouble or fails to contribute near to expectations, .............

Reaction Score
As much as I want UCONN to win tomorrow the odds are against that happening. Geno only played six players yesterday with four of them playing 40 minutes. They have to be tired and I'm afraid Louisville will wear them down. In addition Lou is far from 100% and UCONN will need the old Lou to even have a fighting chance of winning.

Reaction Score
As much as I want UCONN to win tomorrow the odds are against that happening. Geno only played six players yesterday with four of them playing 40 minutes. They have to be tired and I'm afraid Louisville will wear them down. In addition Lou is far from 100% and UCONN will need the old Lou to even have a fighting chance of winning.
U know Louisville played after UCONN so I’m sure they’ll be more rested than Louisville! You’re wearing yourself down worrying about it.

Reaction Score
I wish I can believe that this is just a scenic stop on the way to the FF but I cant. This will be an absolute dog fight and if any one of our players is in significant foul trouble or fails to contribute near to expectations, ...

Yes, it will be a G. A. M. E....
Nice to enjoy after so many lopsided matches called "games."
Let the matches begin!

Reaction Score
Keep those spirits high. Team has worked hard to get to this point. I don’t expect them to quit even if some of us do. UConn to the final 4!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish I can believe that this is just a scenic stop on the way to the FF but I cant.

Louisville is playing excellent defense, has an excellent coach and multiple players on their team can hurt us offensively in different ways.

This will be an absolute dog fight and if any one of our players is in significant foul trouble or fails to contribute near to expectations, ...

To your point, UConn simply needs to play their best game of the season............period!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In order to win a NC, UConn will need to play their 3 best games of the season.

Yes, that’s very true, but we can’t look that far ahead. As Geno says “take care of that which is in front of you.” One game at a time beginning with the first one today. Tunnel vision my friend. UConn’s best game is good enough to beat Louisville. So next weekend, you can repeat the thought that the next game will have to be their best game of the season until you run out of games. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom