Lou with Career Game for LA against Pheonix | The Boneyard

Lou with Career Game for LA against Pheonix

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou with 17 pts (4-5 from 3) (and a long tippy toe line touching 2.) and a crucial block on Skylar with 35 seconfs left

Had this in a General WNBA thread but I am guessing alot of BYers just skip over

Reaction Score
She's a bucket. I really don't see why she can't do this consistently. Maybe not the percentages but she can hit double figures easy if given the minutes and green light imo. She's a great shooter with good size and even good in the mid range. I think LA is really a great fit for her.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She came off the bench for the first three games after returning from Spain, but she was in the starting lineup last night. I hope that continues and that it wasn`t just a one night matchup thing.

Also played 27 minutes.

From the video it looks like her teammates were looking for her and actually running some plays for her. That has not happened a lot for her in her WNBA career to date. Certainly not in Dallas. Perfumerias Avenida in Spain would do that with her all the time and that worked out quite well.

The Sparks signed her for next year as well, that is a good sign and a vote of confidence.

Reaction Score
Lou is not as strong as some in manufacturing her own shot but provides consistent offense when open. Many coaches would prefer to have someone that is predictable when building an offensive system. We saw running plays for Lou in Spain worked well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She abused Diana twice in the corner playing a zone..

If her teammates would be on the same wavelength and move to open spaces, Lou's assists would be better. I think when players pass to Lou, they automatically expect her to shoot but she is often looking to pass back after a repost. (I suppose rare in the WNBA)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very happy to see Lou excelling after the misuse of her in her early going in the WNBA. Could have shot Mr. Ambition in Chicago when he announced Lou was drafted to maybe be useful 3 years down the road.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I went to the game last night. First game I've been to in LA. Refused to go back in the day when Parker was on the team.

$40 for great seats and it included parking. I will say the DJ PA announcer was awful. I get that it's his job to hype up the crowd, and good grief, he tried to do his job, but it was a consistent, non-stop assault of yelling to get the crowd pumped up. Coulda done without that for sure...

The game announcer was a different guy and was pretty funny. When Phx would score, he'd be like Skyler Diggins Smith for 2.. It was practically a whisper - monotone and quiet.

Then when LA would score it was he was like LEXIIIIIII BROOOOOOOWWWWNNNN FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEE. It was amusing for sure.

The rest of the game was a good one. It was the 2nd quarter that did Phx in. They need a true PG. Dee seemed to sleepwalk thru the game. Just not engaged. But I will say she's very well liked by pretty much everyone. Numerous times she had moments with opposing players - patting their backs, sharing a laugh, even with Cambage. She was the only Phx player to get a round of applause when the announced the lineups.

Lou did what you would expect - played excellent team basketball. She was tasked with guarding Diamond. Struggled against DD's athleticism. Not sure how many assists she had but had some terrific passes where teammates missed open shots. She won't always shoot 4-5 from 3 so unless she finds other ways to score, she won't light it up like she did last night.

Sam Thomas is just not good, or did not have a good game. Not sure why she's on the team but she brings zero. Not sure if Turner still has an injury, but made 2 layups that started from her hips using both hands. It looked like something a first year grade-schooler would attempt. But she had a jump ball against Nneka and skied for the ball and won it, so not sure what was up with her awful looking layups. Maybe she lost control of the ball while driving.

Liz Cambage - just wow. I have never seen a player whine as much, except maybe for Parker. Every single call against her was an incredulous "OMG" expression. There was even one play where she was backing Tina down WITH THE BALL IN HER HANDS and was yelling at the refs to call a foul. While she was dribbling.

Mild mannered Tina had a moment - she was called for a foul (looked to be a bad call) and she yelled at the ref 3 times - something like "go get some glasses". I was close to the action but could barely hear her and that's what it sounded like. Got T'd up. Lou took the FT.

Skylar is really good. Made good decisions and attacked the basket from all over the court. Tina is still elite - has a baby hook shot that even Cambage can't stop. She guarded Liz the entire night and did a solid job. Nneka is still really good. Chiney not so much. Cambage actually does some really good things when she's not complaining. Canada had a decent game, but looks a fair bit better then when she was in Seattle. Chennedy Carter - they call her "Hollywood". Just no. She's not good enough for a nickname.

I mentioned Sam Thomas -when she and Gustafson were in was when LA made their big run in Q2. Not sure about the new coach for Phx - She took about 3 TO's in the last minute. I guess it made sense, but one would think players would have been told what to do given how little time was left.

One other thing I noticed is that both coaches were super active during the game. Both teams' players were constantly looking over and having conversations with the coaches, especially the guards. Also I noticed the players looking up at the jumbo tron scoreboard a lot, especially after a foul (presumably to see how many fouls they had). Not sure I noticed that before when watching games. Just some random observations I'd not have noticed if not at the game in person.

Anyway just my $.02 on the live experience. Will definitely go back for another game. Maybe to see Minny or Seattle...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I went to the game last night. First game I've been to in LA. Refused to go back in the day when Parker was on the team.

$40 for great seats and it included parking. I will say the DJ PA announcer was awful. I get that it's his job to hype up the crowd, and good grief, he tried to do his job, but it was a consistent, non-stop assault of yelling to get the crowd pumped up. Coulda done without that for sure...

The game announcer was a different guy and was pretty funny. When Phx would score, he'd be like Skyler Diggins Smith for 2.. It was practically a whisper - monotone and quiet.

Then when LA would score it was he was like LEXIIIIIII BROOOOOOOWWWWNNNN FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEE. It was amusing for sure.

The rest of the game was a good one. It was the 2nd quarter that did Phx in. They need a true PG. Dee seemed to sleepwalk thru the game. Just not engaged. But I will say she's very well liked by pretty much everyone. Numerous times she had moments with opposing players - patting their backs, sharing a laugh, even with Cambage. She was the only Phx player to get a round of applause when the announced the lineups.

Lou did what you would expect - played excellent team basketball. She was tasked with guarding Diamond. Struggled against DD's athleticism. Not sure how many assists she had but had some terrific passes where teammates missed open shots. She won't always shoot 4-5 from 3 so unless she finds other ways to score, she won't light it up like she did last night.

Sam Thomas is just not good, or did not have a good game. Not sure why she's on the team but she brings zero. Not sure if Turner still has an injury, but made 2 layups that started from her hips using both hands. It looked like something a first year grade-schooler would attempt. But she had a jump ball against Nneka and skied for the ball and won it, so not sure what was up with her awful looking layups. Maybe she lost control of the ball while driving.

Liz Cambage - just wow. I have never seen a player whine as much, except maybe for Parker. Every single call against her was an incredulous "OMG" expression. There was even one play where she was backing Tina down WITH THE BALL IN HER HANDS and was yelling at the refs to call a foul. While she was dribbling.

Mild mannered Tina had a moment - she was called for a foul (looked to be a bad call) and she yelled at the ref 3 times - something like "go get some glasses". I was close to the action but could barely hear her and that's what it sounded like. Got T'd up. Lou took the FT.

Skylar is really good. Made good decisions and attacked the basket from all over the court. Tina is still elite - has a baby hook shot that even Cambage can't stop. She guarded Liz the entire night and did a solid job. Nneka is still really good. Chiney not so much. Cambage actually does some really good things when she's not complaining. Canada had a decent game, but looks a fair bit better then when she was in Seattle. Chennedy Carter - they call her "Hollywood". Just no. She's not good enough for a nickname.

I mentioned Sam Thomas -when she and Gustafson were in was when LA made their big run in Q2. Not sure about the new coach for Phx - She took about 3 TO's in the last minute. I guess it made sense, but one would think players would have been told what to do given how little time was left.

One other thing I noticed is that both coaches were super active during the game. Both teams' players were constantly looking over and having conversations with the coaches, especially the guards. Also I noticed the players looking up at the jumbo tron scoreboard a lot, especially after a foul (presumably to see how many fouls they had). Not sure I noticed that before when watching games. Just some random observations I'd not have noticed if not at the game in person.

Anyway just my $.02 on the live experience. Will definitely go back for another game. Maybe to see Minny or Seattle...
Is Liv okay? Boxscore said 0 minutes

Reaction Score
Very happy to see Lou have a good game but I have to say, the fact that she scored 17 points and 2 assists and that is being touted as a “career game” speaks to how her WNBA career has gone to date. Here’s hoping she gets the opportunity first and is able to produce this level of play on a consistent basis.I’ve often wondered why she seems unable to replicate (here in the WNBA), her success in Europe.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very happy to see Lou have a good game but I have to say, the fact that she scored 17 points and 2 assists and that is being touted as a “career game” speaks to how her WNBA career has gone to date. Here’s hoping she gets the opportunity first and is able to produce this level of play on a consistent basis.I’ve often wondered why she seems unable to replicate (here in the WNBA), her success in Europe.
Well, actually she was getting her legs under her in Seattle last year and to be precise, the "Career game" only meant regular season

In the one and done playoff game without Stewie, Lou balled out in the loss to Pheonix 18 pts, (4-6 from 3) and 6 rebounds.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Indiana may beat the Sparks but Lou is having another strong shooting game. Liv with 4 minutes only 1-1. With Cambage seemingly ineffective, get Liv some mote minutes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Indiana may beat the Sparks but Lou is having another strong shooting game. Liv with 4 minutes only 1-1. With Cambage seemingly ineffective, get Liv some mote minutes.
That is totally shocking given how awful her WNBA career has been so far (that was hyperbole and sarcasm)...

I think it's similar to Jefferson. Even Geno has said players need to be in the right situation. MoJeff in Dallas was dreadful for her. Now she's showing out for Minny. Chicago and Dallas were pretty bad for Lou. Seattle was better, and LA seems to be a good home for her.

Was talking with @MilfordHusky the other day about who we thought was the worst team in the league. I told him not Indiana, who while not a "top half" WNBA team, was much improved. They drafted well, with the exception of the head-scratching choice of Hull. She went from starter, to barely a bench player, scoring 0 points in 3 minutes tonight.

I will be surprised if she's still in the league at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
This is a good fit for Lou, I’ve always said she just needs the right fit, watching the games, you can tell her teammates look for her, they even run plays for her, and she seems more aggressive offensively, like she knows she is going to be considered one of the main players looked at to score

Reaction Score

Have not seen a better game summary anywhere!!!! Keep 'em coming!

Reaction Score
This is a good fit for Lou, I’ve always said she just needs the right fit, watching the games, you can tell her teammates look for her, they even run plays for her, and she seems more aggressive offensively, like she knows she is going to be considered one of the main players looked at to score
I am extremely happy for LOU, after the heart-break of CoViD stopping her run to the Olympic Gold in 3X3. She was devastated then. I hope she can celebrate, feel the joy in the moment, and continue her success thorughout this regular season and the playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom