Lou Sighting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou Sighting

Reaction Score
It was also announced on twitter from the Uconn WBB handle that Lou is out today.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would think the worst place to be with a bad back is a plane. If she is not playing, she should not have made the trip.
Having had back problems, I agree about the discomfort on a plane, but I doubt Lou was suffering that badly. She, Geno, and the doc would have ruled that out.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It’s not made up it’s reality.... back issues are hard to heal completely playing a contact sport with alot of movement
Let's see I have had a surgically repaired ruptured disc and a surgically repaired broken back so maybe I should be spouting my opinions on back issues.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Lou not playing but making a fan happy(not at this game)

These are the kinds of gestures that make it really hard for a Stanford fan to root against the huskies (unless, of course, we're playing them). Lou is definitely a good one, even if she made a *terrible decision* not to follow her older sisters to the Farm. ;)

Reaction Score
It looks like this injury is going to linger throughout the tourney. Sadly I don’t think Lou will be 100% come tourney time. It’s sad I feel so bad for her. Tough break. Say rest her for the sweet 16 and beyond
Back injuries can be alleviated with therapy. Lou should be fine come tournament time unless it is a nerve problem. Certainly not good news that she is not playing.

Reaction Score
UConn is in a very difficult situation with the most team valued player in the country at far less than 100% and, of course, in a hopeless situation if she is not playing at all.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Was that Lou's mother or sister at Senior Day ceremonies?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Was that Lou's mother or sister at Senior Day ceremonies?
Sister Karlie surprised Lou coming from Europe for her Senior Day ceremony. Their Mom couldnt make it.

Reaction Score
I would think the worst place to be with a bad back is a plane. If she is not playing, she should not have made the trip.
Not to be funny, but you did not attend medical school to render such an opinion! UCONN has some of the BEST medical professionals in the country on staff who would NOT put Lou in a position to hurt herself further. All travel decisions for injured players are run through the medical staff and if they said she could travel, then that’s good enough for me. To say anything otherwise is needless negativity. We should be thankful she is such a good teammate that she wanted to travel to cheer for her teammates. I guess I too am a half full kind of guy!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For those of you that thought that it was a BAD idea that Lou flew down to Tampa and then she didn't play I disagree with you for two reasons. First they said that the medical staff said that she could fly and may be in a condition to play. Second, do you think that the team would have come back in the second half without Lou telling them what they needed to do in the huddle right before the 3rd Quarter, and then talking to the underclassmen while they were on the bench.

Reaction Score
Rebecca, Maya, Diana, Stewie--all greats, but Lou is the soul of the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom