Lou Says Thanks | The Boneyard

Lou Says Thanks

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wore my Lou shirt the night the boys won the championship because Lou is a champion to me. <3 Lou!

ED8B6DCA-B52C-4549-BA93-A2BAC58D7892.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lou and Dorka deserve a special place on the Wall...without these two we can only wonder how this season would have gone.
I realize that they didn't earn it on the court but they sure did in every coaches, players and fan's hearts!!!

Reaction Score
As a Fairfield grad myself, I can't believe I never heard of her before she came to Uconn. To understand how tough a player she is, you have to watch the replay of the Fairfield/Texas first round game last year. Lou was knocked to the ground early in the game, missed most of the 2nd qtr, got six stitches in her face, came back ( with a big patch on her cheek) and scored double digit points in the second half to keep the game respectable.
We will hard pressed to ever get another transfer as good as her.

Reaction Score
Is it any wonder why so many of us love these young ladies for everything they do and everything they represent?
No wonder at all. I would urge all BYers next year to see at least one game, home or away. It will increase your affection for them immeasurably. After the Vermont game, we saw Nika go out of her way to go sign a poster with her name on it that a little girl no more than 5 was holding quite a ways away. She posed for a photo also with her. I thought, so tough on that court, but such a nice young woman.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No wonder at all. I would urge all BYers next year to see at least one game, home or away. It will increase your affection for them immeasurably. After the Vermont game, we saw Nika go out of her way to go sign a poster with her name on it that a little girl no more than 5 was holding quite a ways away. She posed for a photo also with her. I thought, so tough on that court, but such a nice young woman.
After the thrilling win over Nova at the XL Center, I watched Nika & Paige spend 20 minutes in the crowd, signing autographs and taking selfies with dozens of young girls who revered them.

Reaction Score
She is just a magical, wonderful, player and person - so glad we had her for one year at least, but both my heart and mind wishes it was for longer, much longer.

Reaction Score
I think one of the main reasons we love our women huskies is not so much for their basketball skills but because of the people they are. Isn't it wonderful that our state university is represented by the type of young women the staff has recruited. Thank you, Lou, not only for your contributions on the court but for being who you are.

Reaction Score
Lou and Dorka deserve a special place on the Wall...without these two we can only wonder how this season would have gone.
I realize that they didn't earn it on the court but they sure did in every coaches, players and fan's hearts!!!
I may get some flak for this, but I’ll say it out loud: one thing she earned is the name Lou. No 2 or * needed. Last summer we fussed and fretted over this. But now we all just shriek out Lou whenever we see her at Gampel or on the TV. We have two Lou’s to love now and we don’t care about the ambiguity. Maybe we even relish it.

Lou!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom