Lou & MJ | The Boneyard

Lou & MJ

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou is getting some luv from ESPN highlighting her remarkable performance last night. The best part of the highlight is the clip showing Lou with her hands out-stretched and a sheepish, almost apologetic smile after hitting her 7th or 8th 3 in a row, followed by the clip of Michael Jordan striking the same pose in an NBA championship game vs the Portland Trail Blazers in 1992.

It should be pointed out that MJ only hit six 3's in a row in the Portland game while Lou hit 10 in a row.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou is getting some luv from ESPN highlighting her remarkable performance last night. The best part of the highlight is the clip showing Lou with her hands out-stretched and a sheepish, almost apologetic smile after hitting her 7th or 8th 3 in a row, followed by the clip of Michael Jordan striking the same pose in an NBA championship game vs the Portland Trail Blazers in 1992.

It should be pointed out that MJ only hit six 3's in a row in the Portland game while Lou hit 10 in a row.

Don't forget the part where she gives a slew of baseball manager type signs like she is calling plays to run (for more threes?). Hilarious.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Should also point out that Stef did the same thing in the 2014 title game vs. ND.
Yes, that was great, but Stef didn't hit 10 threes in a row, or even 6.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't forget the part where she gives a slew of baseball manager type signs like she is calling plays to run (for more threes?). Hilarious.

She was lined up for Gabby's (?) free throws at the time and she did a pretty good job of it. Quite a hoot. How blessed are we?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On a new Sportscenter, ESPN has expended the segment on Lou & MJ. They title it, "Be like Mike." Great stuff.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-7_9-38-52.png

Reaction Score
I've been saying from the start of this season that kls is he heart of this team and they will go as far as she takes them. Last night we seen what happens when a team doesn't game plan for her. Its a double edged sword, either you clog the lane to stop collier or you lay off Katie and she burns you.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou`s memorable shrug came after a broken play where the ball somehow found her all alone behind the key. I was wondering whether the shrug was because she had just hit her 7th or 8th three, or if she was thinking about the way the ball happened to find her. Maybe a little of both. Whatever, it was still a moment in time that we will happily see replayed many times in the coming years.

Footnote re MJ - he went off against the Trail Blazers, and I believe he did much of it at the expense of former UConn star Cliff Robinson. Uncle Cliffy had a long and successful run in the NBA, 18 years.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou`s memorable shrug came after a broken play where the ball somehow found her all alone behind the key. I was wondering whether the shrug was because she had just hit her 7th or 8th three, or if she was thinking about the way the ball happened to find her. Maybe a little of both. Whatever, it was still a moment in time that we will happily see replayed many times in the coming years.

Footnote re MJ - he went off against the Trail Blazers, and I believe he did much of it at the expense of former UConn star Cliff Robinson. Uncle Cliffy had a long and successful run in the NBA, 18 years.
Just about everyone on Portland took a turn at trying to check MJ on that night, but the guy with the primary, and some might say hopeless job of covering MJ that night was Clyde "the Glide" Drexler.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Just about everyone on Portland took a turn at trying to check MJ on that night, but the guy with the primary, and some might say hopeless job of covering MJ that night was Clyde "the Glide" Drexler.

I`m sure you are right as usual, oldude, but at a minimum Cliff was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time:

mj.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I grew up close to Portland. I loved those Blazers. Clyde the Glide. Porter. Kersey. Buck Williams. I thought they had a chance...but I was wrong.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Darn, that clip didn't show all 40 of Samuelson's points. What it did show though, was USF playing some pretty crappy defense. They lost Samuelson repeatedly, and were really, really late on rotations. It doesn't take anything away from her performance, but there are a lot of teams that will be in the field that wouldn't give her that many open looks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Darn, that clip didn't show all 40 of Samuelson's points. What it did show though, was USF playing some pretty crappy defense. They lost Samuelson repeatedly, and were really, really late on rotations. It doesn't take anything away from her performance, but there are a lot of teams that will be in the field that wouldn't give her that many open looks.
Don't be a buzz kill. If left completely alone at the 3 pt line, most players would struggle to shoot 50%. ;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'd probably be somewhere between 20-30% on unguarded 3's. I just found it shocking that they kept failing to find a hot shooter on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom