Lou is the AAC POW | The Boneyard

Lou is the AAC POW

Reaction Score
UConn Women's Hoops‏Verified account @UConnWBB 6m6 minutes ago
Congrats to Katie Lou Samuelson who was honored as the @American_WBB Player of the Week! Lou earns the honor for the fourth time in her career. #UConnNation // #DemandMore LINK; http://uconnhuski.es/2BGeSeu

DSALinXWsAUzuaH.jpg

Reaction Score

Samuelson started the week with a 19-point, six-assist effort in the win over Oklahoma on December 19 as part of the Hall of Fame Women’s Holiday Showcase at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The win on Tuesday clinched head coach Geno Auriemma’s 1,000th career win.

She followed that up with a 33-point, six-rebound performance in the win over Duquesne on Friday evening in Toronto. The eight three-point field goals marked the third-highest single-game total in school history.

She played soo poorly this past week--Ms Samuelson MUST be benched for the next game---I know I can get 10,000 signatures on a petition if I added a few teams --
I've been one of her MILLIONs of fans since she arrived; but I could say that about 12 others. I'm nast ot fickle, I think they all are great--down to the end of the bench--they are ALL great fun for me to watch. I was thrilled to see Alexi and Coombs finally, they ARE good..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb that I perceive to be very sturdy, and suggest that Katie Lou has caught and surpassed both of her sisters in skill level achievement (and growing) and overall team accomplishments, having won a chip, and looking "point blank" down the barrel of another. She's more dominant than I remember either of them being. IMO neither sister displayed the variety of skills or ability during their collegiate career that Lou has. Having ALL of the attributes that coaches and GM's covet in a player (size, ability to score from beyond the arc, knowledge and understanding of the game, can play defense, stamina and a UConn pedigree), Lou will undoubtedly have a job waiting for her upon graduation......................................in the WNBA. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou looked amazing against Cal before getting injured, and she got back to that level against Duquesne. Has both legs under her now. Aggressive defense, strong to the hoop, effortless from three.

Lou has the knack for scoring in bunches. Against Duquesne, second quarter, she scored 11 points in the span of two minutes and one second. Three threes and a layup. That will help earn you player of the week! The other aspects of her game - defense, rebounding - much improved, and she continues to be a good passer very happy to make the extra pass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lou... I predicted this in the BA Thread following the Duquesne game. So glad she's back to her form before the injury in the Cal game... where I felt she was on her way to a 25+ point game. More to come!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The way that Geno has this season's offensive scheme - KLS will be the AAC POY and the high point scorer on the team. Poor Napheesa won't be close this year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou is the total package right now. She has raised her level of defense substantially. She’s become a very good rebounder on a team full of great rebounders. Her movement without the ball is tremendous. She can score from anywhere and she is one of the best passers on the team.

With all that going for her, Lou is one of the toughest and most intelligent basketball players I’ve ever seen in college.

Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb that I perceive to be very sturdy, and suggest that Katie Lou has caught and surpassed both of her sisters in skill level achievement (and growing) and overall team accomplishments, having won a chip, and looking "point blank" down the barrel of another. She's more dominant than I remember either of them being. IMO neither sister displayed the variety of skills or ability during their collegiate career that Lou has. Having ALL of the attributes that coaches and GM's covet in a player (size, ability to score from beyond the arc, knowledge and understanding of the game, can play defense, stamina and a UConn pedigree), Lou will undoubtedly have a job waiting for her upon graduation........in the WNBA. :cool:

KLS is one terrible BB player!! Your last 3 sentence3 sums up what I think of her learning abilities and the stuff in (xx)
That Limb is a thick as a Calif Red Wood. Before KLS;s first year was complete she surpassed her sisters in TOTAL skill level i.e. she became a more perfect Basketball players in every facet of her game/their game. RAREly did Karlie or Bonnie ATTACK the basket, certainly not in their FROSH, Soph, years. Neither did they take anyone off the dribble. I did notice in Karlies later part of her Jr year and total Senior year she looked more like KLS--I chalk that up to KLS coaching of her sisters. AND you KNOW I don't like KLS, not much!!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Sensational young woman. Still needs more muscle for the WNBA imo and I believe she'll get stronger in the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
Love the way Lou plays! As amazing a shooter as she is, she is a total team player and very rarely takes a bad shot

Reaction Score
Lou is one tough competitor. When she came to Uconn, her reputation was an outside shooter like her sisters and did not mix it up in the paint. Look what Geno and his staff have accomplished. Lou is now a complete basketball player with so many tools and the heart of a lion.
A good selling point for Uconn recruits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom