Lou, Dorka, Nika, and Ines have joined the @nil_store network and will be selling officially licensed NIL gear. | The Boneyard

Lou, Dorka, Nika, and Ines have joined the @nil_store network and will be selling officially licensed NIL gear.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve been posting the links in the thread tacked to the top of the board

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After initially believing that foreign athletes would be excluded from NIL deals, it’s apparent that colleges have figured out a process whereby foreign athletes can apply for EB-1, O-1 or P-1 visas, all of which allow them to sign NIL deals. I suspect that UConn’s players have P-1 visas, which permits NIL deals for athletes competing at an “internationally recognized level of performance” which would include playing on their respective national teams in FIBA, European Championships, World Championship or Olympic competitions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After initially believing that foreign athletes would be excluded from NIL deals, it’s apparent that colleges have figured out a process whereby foreign athletes can apply for EB-1, O-1 or P-1 visas, all of which allow them to sign NIL deals. I suspect that UConn’s players have P-1 visas, which permits NIL deals for athletes competing at an “internationally recognized level of performance” which would include playing on their respective national teams in FIBA, European Championships, World Championship or Olympic competitions.
Or they have found a workaround such that the income isn't technically being earned in the U.S. There are youtubers from other countries that come here who are also able to do this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't help wondering/inquiring: Will help recruiting, especially overseas.
Foreign players can’t get NIL but maybe just because it’s cool.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Having posted as I've posted, we also know Geno doesn't want players who put NIL first on their list of priorities. I wish I could remember which recent interview it was where he pointed out all the good players he has coming in and that none of them inquired about NIL. Good on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom