Lou and Phee: The Rookies | The Boneyard

Lou and Phee: The Rookies

Reaction Score
I see that Lou has signed with Team Wass as her agent. Has anyone heard about Phee?

Have they signed shoe contracts? These things usually happen pretty quickly. I wish this info was more readily available for the women.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WNBA transactions through April 25.

[Link]

It does not appear that Lou has signed WNBA team a contract yet. Collier signed her contract with the Lynx on April 19.

Key Dates: 2019 WNBA Season

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not a Single W.N.B.A. Star Has a Shoe Line to Call Her Own - Aug 2017

In 1995, Sheryl Swoopes became the first female athlete to have a basketball shoe named after her. In the W.N.B.A.’s early seasons, Nike, Adidas, Reebok and Fila released shoes with Lisa Leslie, Dawn Staley, Cynthia Cooper, Nicki McCray, Rebecca Lobo and Chamique Holdsclaw.

In 2011, Maya Moore, a three-time W.N.B.A. champion with the Minnesota Lynx, became the first female basketball player to sign an endorsement deal with Nike’s Jordan brand.

Now, in the 21st season of the W.N.B.A., not one player has a line to call her own. Why the backpedal? In the late 1990s, the sneaker business was not the giant of today, and the W.N.B.A. was new. “The real question is why didn’t it go forward, and the real answer is they didn’t sell enough shoes to make it worth their while,” said Matt Powell, a sports industry analyst at NPD Group. “I’m hopeful it will change. If a brand figures this out and starts to make a lot of money, everyone else is going to follow suit.”

[Article]

The WNBA Icon Who Should Have Changed the Endorsement Deal Game - March 29, 2019

Last edited by a moderator:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I see that Lou has signed with Team Wass as her agent. Has anyone heard about Phee?

Have they signed shoe contracts? These things usually happen pretty quickly. I wish this info was more readily available for the women.

Collier's agent:

Reaction Score
Not a Single W.N.B.A. Star Has a Shoe Line to Call Her Own - Aug 2017

In 1995, Sheryl Swoopes became the first female athlete to have a basketball shoe named after her. In the W.N.B.A.’s early seasons, Nike, Adidas, Reebok and Fila released shoes with Lisa Leslie, Dawn Staley, Cynthia Cooper, Nicki McCray, Rebecca Lobo and Chamique Holdsclaw.

In 2011, Maya Moore, a three-time W.N.B.A. champion with the Minnesota Lynx, became the first female basketball player to sign an endorsement deal with Nike’s Jordan brand.

Now, in the 21st season of the W.N.B.A., not one player has a line to call her own. Why the backpedal? In the late 1990s, the sneaker business was not the giant of today, and the W.N.B.A. was new. “The real question is why didn’t it go forward, and the real answer is they didn’t sell enough shoes to make it worth their while,” said Matt Powell, a sports industry analyst at NPD Group. “I’m hopeful it will change. If a brand figures this out and starts to make a lot of money, everyone else is going to follow suit.”

[Article]

The WNBA Icon Who Should Have Changed the Endorsement Deal Game - March 29, 2019

Plenty of them have shoe/apparel endorsement deals, that doesn’t mean they have their own shoe.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Plenty of them have shoe/apparel endorsement deals, that doesn’t mean they have their own shoe.

That's true. I'm just passing these articles along for those that may be interested. No personal thoughts or comments were added. Cut and paste only.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Not 100% confirmed but speculation here that Katie Lou may have signed with Puma.

Reaction Score
Not 100% confirmed but speculation here that Katie Lou may have signed with Puma.

Another pic on the same twitter page shows a different pair of Pumas with the caption:

[B]The Sky Show CHI[/B]‏ @[B]TheSkyShowCHI[/B] 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @[B]WeGotGame2[/B] @[B]LTOnDaTrack[/B] @[B]PUMAHoops[/B]
Have a pic of the colorway? Been looking through the Puma shoes for one kinda Chicago Sky-esque that KLS could wear. Like most ballers now tho, shoes don’t have to be team-colored. This one seemed plausible.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Geez, first practice and Lou gets a Black Eye!!

The pic she posted on her instagram story looked even worse:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I bet Stef got her with an elbow while she was trying to be "the rebounding Samuelson" :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom