Lou and Karlie The Transition from HS to College and College to the Pros | The Boneyard

Lou and Karlie The Transition from HS to College and College to the Pros

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, I saw that Karlie was a casualty of today's roster cuts. That's a shame! I was concerned that she and Lou had skills that were too similar for the Wings to keep both. Karlie is tenacious. She may wind up on a roster yet, if there is a season. If not, there's an Assistant Coach position open in Storrs.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of pressure on above average USA graduate athletes to play professional. And when they get there, it is found to be just like any other business which is trying to obtain the cream of the crop in order to sell tickets and provide entertainment for profit especially here in the USA as opposed to Europe. In addition, unlike college, it appears difficult for them to find the right "fit" where they can thrive and excel. I am sure that there are underlying issues which we do not see that take their toll on these athletes in terms of self esteem. At least they get an education, and maybe, it would be time for self assessment in order to evaluate as to whether or not that they should begin to use that education in order to pursue a career alternative.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I saw that Karlie was a casualty of today's roster cuts. That's a shame! I was concerned that she and Lou had skills that were too similar for the Wings to keep both. Karlie is tenacious. She may wind up on a roster yet, if there is a season. If not, there's an Assistant Coach position open in Storrs.
Karlie played so well overseas this past year I thought her game must have improved dramatically but with no chance to show those skills in a preseason...

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Karlie has managed to eventually find her way onto WNBA rosters two or three times already. She appears to be a terrific teammate and a quick learner. She can hit the open three as well as almost anyone else not named Samuelson. She is a known quantity.

Things can happen. Openings will appear. Not wishing ill on anyone, but the current turmoil makes training hard and it is easy to get injured if you go too hard too soon.

So my advice to Karlie - stay ready!

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
There is an assistant coach position open at Stanford too!

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 636250315941255417-usp-ncaa-womens-basketball-aac-conference-tournam-89331681.jpg
    636250315941255417-usp-ncaa-womens-basketball-aac-conference-tournam-89331681.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 103

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The sister act is back. Lou joins Karlie at Perfumerias Avenida in Spain.

Wow, that is wonderful news! They should have a fabulous time together. (I think Lou was a bit lonely with Flammes Carolo.)

That should also be a very good team, especially if Fagbenle returns.

I know I am a day early, but Happy 23rd Birthday Lou!!

lou karlie.jpg

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Here is the press release. I copied the translated version but will provide a link.

One of the “jewels” of North American basketball will land at Perfumerías Avenida next season. Katie Lou Samuelson and the Azulón club have reached an agreement to unite their paths in 2020-2021 in Salamanca, where she will share a dressing room with her sister Karlie. An incorporation of height and level, with many hopes placed from her native country on her shoulders.

And it is that at just 23 years old, Katie Lou has already given a good sample of the category she has with the absolute US team, with which, for example, this year she has already played the Americup and the pre-Olympic of Serbia. Category already pointed and endorsed in his time at University, where with the powerful UCONN squad he got numerous awards and recognitions that were worth to be number 4 in the WNBA draft in 2019 and therefore earn a place in the American league with Chicago Sky where he has already played 20 matches. Her first professional experience outside her country was short-lived, at the beginning of last season at Flammes Carolo, where she left after getting injured in the fall. There, yes, in two games in Eurocup she went to 18 points and 8 rebounds on average.

At 1.91 tall, Katie Lou is a different "3". A great plant that does not prevent moving quickly on the track, excellent in transition, with rebounding ability and a good hand from any position. A striking present and a more than brilliant future ahead with Avenida as the ideal place, and also as a family, to fully exploit its tremendous qualities.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did not know T Hayes was on that team and doing so well. :D

English transcription

One of the last cries heard from last season was the thunderous "MVP, MVP" that thousands of fans dedicated to Tiffany Hayes after the Queen's Cup final. A cry that may have continuity (hopefully) in the next season after the club and player have decided to extend their contractual relationship for another year. In this way, Avenida completes the template for the 20-21 campaign.

If there was any "clueless" who did not know who Hayes was before this year, his letter of introduction at Perfumerías Avenida last season has dispelled all doubts. Top scorer and most valued player of the team in LF Endesa and Eurocup, in addition to her MVP cupbearer with 25 points "of all colors" in the final guarantee an excellent season for the North American player who will be a cornerstone of the Atlanta Dream in another new season of the WNBA.

Thus, Hayes' “wish” materializes, which, at the end of the last campaign, affirmed that “it has been one of the best experiences of my career abroad, hopefully we will rejoin”, and there was no more waiting for fulfill it. The electricity, character and tremendous quality of Tiffany closes a very young new staff (in fact Tiffany will be the second oldest in 30 years) and exciting for a very demanding year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom