Lou and Aubrey update | The Boneyard

Lou and Aubrey update

Reaction Score
Aubrey would make a big difference defensively against Baylor's three-point shooters...........I'm hopeful she can play some minutes........I'm not sure how Lou will respond......her scoring is still necessary even with an entire squad available......just a microcosm of the regular season

Reaction Score
I had a bad feeling that play when Aubrey drove the lane and landed on her tailbone. That’ll set off back spasms big time.
I had the same thought. Hopefully a day off helps - it sounded like she would have been able to go if needed but Geno was being cautious.

Reaction Score
I hope we come out swinging against Baylor and we don’t need to depend much on AG or Lou to do it. The more rest we can get for them, the better.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Has UConn played ANY game this year without someone hurt or getting hurt? (Not counting Paigeee and Ice)

Reaction Score
Does this mean Lou will be severely affected for about 2 weeks? She didn't look comfortable riding the bike. And the injury is painfuil for an athlete isn't it until they get the neccessary rest which is about 2 weeks?

Reaction Score
This kind of magnifies how critical getting Azzi and Caroline back was. Imagine If we still had the lineup we played much of the year with, namely Nika, Lou and Aubrey starting with just Ines as a guard backup. Without our two returnees, injuries to Aubrey and Lou would be devastating.

Reaction Score
Does this mean Lou will be severely affected for about 2 weeks? She didn't look comfortable riding the bike. And the injury is painfuil for an athlete isn't it until they get the neccessary rest which is about 2 weeks?
I’ve never heard of this before. I have seen players tweak their knees like Lou, go on the bike and then come back in the game and play fine though.

Reaction Score
I honestly think we get to the final four with our team but against Virginia tech, Indiana and South Carolina, we need everyone or we could lose.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Great news from Nan!

BTW: Really nice move to have Ice and Jana suit up for the NCAA games....participate in warm-ups etc.
I would think they would more feel what the tourney is like. I anticipate them both being in the rotation come
April 2024.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Has UConn played ANY game this year without someone hurt or getting hurt? (Not counting Paigeee and Ice)
It seems like it. :(

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great news from Nan!

BTW: Really nice move to have Ice and Jana suit up for the NCAA games....participate in warm-ups etc.
I would think they would more feel what the tourney is like. I anticipate them both being in the rotation come
April 2024.
I know this comparison is a stretch but...... it's like Michael Collins going to the moon on Apollo 11 in July of 1969 with Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin. Collins didn't get to put his bootprint on the surface of the moon, but he got really close and had a close-up bird's eye view of the surface of the moon. A view that only a very small number of people will ever get. He also got to see something people on earth have NEVER seen........the dark side of the moon........up close. :eek:

Reaction Score
I’ve never heard of this before. I have seen players tweak their knees like Lou, go on the bike and then come back in the game and play fine though.
It's probably just me way over-reacting. I never paid attention before of hyperextension vs tweak or anything else. But I have to admit these past 2 years has turned me into a wimp. Even a play in which Azzi went down in this game under the basket in which the defender undercut her, I was screaming to myself "Please get up!" :)

I had looked up on internet that hyperextensions are painful and it didn't appear Lou was comfortable on the bike. I'm probably all wet with this, and as a fan, probably have become scared of my own shadow due to these 2 years of injuries. .

Reaction Score
Ive hyper-extended my knee before. It hurts the back of your knee. Mine felt kinda "loose" for a day or two but I was ok after that. As long as she didn't tear anything she should be ok for Monday if we need her. She already wears elastic sleeves with pads on so that should help a lot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ok It's probably just me way over-reacting. I never paid attention before of hyperextension vs tweak or anything else. But I have to admit these past 2 years has turned me into a wimp. Even a play in which Azzi went down in this game under the basket in which the defender undercut her, I was screaming to myself "Please get up!" :)

I had looked up on internet that hyperextensions are painful and it didn't appear Lou was comfortable on the bike. I'm probably all wet with this, and as a fan, probably have become scared of my own shadow due to these 2 years of injuries. .
When you’re young and flexible, a mild hyperextension, like what Lou’s appeared to be, hurts some initially, but usually gets better quickly with a little stretching and some ice.

I had practically the same awkward fall as Lou a few weeks back while moving snow from my driveway. For an old fart like me, with the flexibility of a 2”x4”, I ended up with a grade 1 MCL sprain and 5-6 weeks of rehab. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any injuries these "kids" will sustain now will be really felt big time when they reach 65. Just keep lots of ibuprofen on hand and go out and do the yard work.

Reaction Score
I believe we had everybody else for the Texas game, 2nd of the season, and Texas was missing Rori Harmon. Perhaps the only time this season we had an injury advantage if you don't count Paige and Ice. if you do then we have never had an injury advantage this year, but Baylor may be down a player, and Virginia Tech had a player injured in their first tournament game, so maybe our luck is turning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom