Lou and assists for Quinnipiac | The Boneyard

Lou and assists for Quinnipiac

Reaction Score
Checked box score and Lou zero assits for the game. Is that correct ?

Reaction Score
Lou had a really different game, with zero assists and low scoring. It was one of those scenarios where people would say good game that did not fill stat sheet. I personally was a little frustrated that she did not assert herself more. That said I think she played an excellent defense game and rebounded well. Her low scoring was due to taking only a few shots. Her assists were non-existent because (1) UConn had almost no transition points and (2) she was not positioned in the offense to delegate. I wish she posted up her smaller defender, and a couple times when she cut to the basket no one tried to pass her the ball.

The funny thing is that she was one basket and 2 rebounds from her second double double in as many games. I think it is okay because games are not necessarily about Lou per se, even though this game is not going to help her in the voting for NPOY awards. My only concern is when we play better teams that take away/limit some of our other options that she will not be more aggressive. Sorry for long answer and going well beyond your question.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the game I thoght she had a couple of assists. I know one time down low she was calling for the ball and Z did not pass it to her. I saw Lou go up and tell her about not passing to her. Lou had a beautiful bounce pass to Kayla for a lay up but Kayla put the ball on the floor and missed the lay up.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Needs to be more assertive. Having said that,

1. Q was focusing on her, giving up open shots to Crystal and Kia and playing Napheesa straight up.

2. Her teammates, especially Z, are not good at getting her the ball down low when she posts up or cuts. She is open, they hesitate, and the moment is gone.

I thought she had an assist or two but can't really remember.

Reaction Score
Needs to be more assertive. Having said that,

1. Q was focusing on her, giving up open shots to Crystal and Kia and playing Napheesa straight up.

2. Her teammates, especially Z, are not good at getting her the ball down low when she posts up or cuts. She is open, they hesitate, and the moment is gone.

I thought she had an assist or two but can't really remember.
It seems like through the course of the year only Gabby is able to get her the ball consistently when cutting to basket or in the post. A major issue that they need to work on next year as I see Pheesa and Lou needing to score more next year, similarly at the rate of their sophomore year in order for UConn to be as successful.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Different kind of game. Lou played exceptional defense (how about that great 2-handed block that started a fast break), lots of rebounds and knocked down key shots when left open. Lou also gets a lot of her points in transition, which was limited against Q who took great care of the ball.

Geno has said many times that you don’t have to score to play well. The game strategy was to feed the ball to Pheesa & Z inside, which is exactly what UConn did.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Gabby didn't have any steals, either. I don't see either as a problem. It's a team game, and the outcome was not in doubt after the first few minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom