Lots of College Hoopsters Hitting European Shores in Late July-August | The Boneyard

Lots of College Hoopsters Hitting European Shores in Late July-August

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
According to the Next article (attached), a who's-who of college programs -- like many Americans -- are hitting the air and going to Europe for a summer tour. Like the population in general, they're probably making up for lost time due to the pandemic.

In the case of my alma mater, Notre Dame, the Guys' Lacrosse team visited Germany and Austria and the Girls Lacrosse Team went to Athens and the islands in Greece.
The Girls hoops team will go to both Greece and Croatia in late July-early August.

Here's a list of schedules and itineraries for many teams, including UConn, Tennessee, Vandy, etc.

https://www./ncaaw/womens-college-basketball-teams-foreign-tours-2023-ncaa/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Missing the “xxxxx.yyy“ after the “www.” and before the”/ncaaw/….” For example: “www.the-boneyard.com” or “uconn.edu”. It will specify the actual website reporting the lists of schools traveling to Europe this summer. It’s neither espn nor cbssports/247sports. I checked those.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
According to the Next article (attached), a who's-who of college programs -- like many Americans -- are hitting the air and going to Europe for a summer tour. Like the population in general, they're probably making up for lost time due to the pandemic.

In the case of my alma mater, Notre Dame, the Guys' Lacrosse team visited Germany and Austria and the Girls Lacrosse Team went to Athens and the islands in Greece.
The Girls hoops team will go to both Greece and Croatia in late July-early August.

Here's a list of schedules and itineraries for many teams, including UConn, Tennessee, Vandy, etc.

My apologies, folks. I usually don't have trouble with attachments, but --- now that I think of it -- The Next is the only publication that sometimes gives trouble. Perhaps just try cut and pasting it in your own URL, which worked for me.

Reaction Score
Weird that the URL for "The Next" won't display here.

1. Go the The Next website. Search for "the next women's basketball" & a link should appear in the search results as "The Next Hoops"
2. Click on the "NCAAW' link in the list of options at the top of the homepage. Don't click on the conferences in the pulldown menu.
3. The article on ncaa basketball teams doing foreign travel should appear as the first one.

It lists 57 schools that plan foreign travel this summer.

Interesting that it lists UCLA traveling to Senegal and Germany Aug 21-31. I get Germany as the Bruins have Germans Emily Bessoir and Lina Sontag on the roster. Not sure about the Senegal connection but Cori Close and her staff schedule activities and interaction with the seemingly less privileged as part of the team's foreign tours.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

1. Go the The Next website.
2. Click on the "NCAAW' link in the list of options at the top of the homepage. Don't click on the conferences in the pulldown menu.
3. The article on foreign travel should appear as the first one.
Strange. I posted the same kind of link on McGraw's Bench and it pops up fine.
Thanks for doing this instruction.....

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
In case the pasted link doesn't work, here it is in pieces:

www.
the next hoops.com/ (remove the spaces between the words)
ncaaw/womens-college-basketball-teams-foreign-tours-2023-ncaa/
IMG_1209.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1. Go the The Next website. Search for "the next women's basketball" & a link should appear in the search results as "The Next Hoops"
3. The article on ncaa basketball teams doing foreign travel should appear as the first one.

It lists 57 schools that plan foreign travel this summer.

Interesting that it lists UCLA traveling to Senegal and Germany Aug 21-31. I get Germany as the Bruins have Germans Emily Bessoir and Lina Sontag on the roster. Not sure about the Senegal connection but Cori Close and her staff schedule activities and interaction with the seemingly less privileged as part of the team's foreign tours.
I also tried to post it here and it didn’t work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom