Lots of Boat stories today. This one might be the best. | The Boneyard

Lots of Boat stories today. This one might be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Two great quotes:

First, when Calhoun was recruiting him: "
“Are you a believer?” he asked, and she first thought he was talking about religion. “Do you believe in me? Do you believe in the legacy I've built here? Do you believe I can make your son an NBA player? Do you believe in your son?” The answers were yes. “So what are you going to do?” Calhoun asked."

Second, when deciding whether to come back this season:
"Voices that mattered urged him to return. His mother, grandmother and grandfather, and the Cowherds wanted him to get that degree. His father and Justin Cerasoli thought it wasn't a good draft for him to go. Finally, Tanesha, who had been on the phone all week with Daniels' father, told her son, “I was 17 when I had you and now you're 21; God found a way. I never had any money, so I ain't missing nothing. Go back and get all you can from Coach Ollie.”

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Great article with fantastic insight. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
Two great quotes:

First, when Calhoun was recruiting him: "
“Are you a believer?” he asked, and she first thought he was talking about religion. “Do you believe in me? Do you believe in the legacy I've built here? Do you believe I can make your son an NBA player? Do you believe in your son?” The answers were yes. “So what are you going to do?” Calhoun asked."

Second, when deciding whether to come back this season:
"Voices that mattered urged him to return. His mother, grandmother and grandfather, and the Cowherds wanted him to get that degree. His father and Justin Cerasoli thought it wasn't a good draft for him to go. Finally, Tanesha, who had been on the phone all week with Daniels' father, told her son, “I was 17 when I had you and now you're 21; God found a way. I never had any money, so I ain't missing nothing. Go back and get all you can from Coach Ollie.”

I can't forget I how badly I felt for Ryan when he was told he couldn't play freshman year. I believe a slew of his friends and family were coming to see him play. Notre Dame? If I recall Calhoun wrapped his arms around a tearful kid. Such a disappointment that was. It seems he has a great extended family.

Reaction Score
That was a great story, thanks for sharing Mr. Z. You can see the love and respect Ryan has for his family. He also has a great smile. I am definitely a fan of his.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I used to think boat was a bit angry, a chip on his shoulder, un-tamable.
He has proved me wrong on all counts. I love his passion, maturity and dedication at least as much as his mad skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom