Lot of People Picking Against Us Tomorrow | The Boneyard

Lot of People Picking Against Us Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I found it interesting that Seth Davis and ESPN both are predicting Memphis to win tomorrow. Talking about how tough Memphis is on the road, and how Goodwin is going to have his way with us this time.

UCONN is playing their best ball of the year, and while Memphis had a nice win last week against Gonzaga, they struggled for most of the game, and struggled most of the game against UCF.

Daniels had one of the best games of his career against Memphis the first time around, so I figure Memphis will try some things differently this time around guarding him. That being said, Dixon had a big game for them, and they actually shot it well from 3 against us. Better than they usually do.

Should be a good one tomorrow. Need a big time crowd.

Reaction Score
It's not insane. I think some people are taking too much from blowout wins over Temple, Houston and USF. UConn's won 5 of 6 but only one of those teams was any good and UConn lost.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That being said, Dixon had a big game for them, and they actually shot it well from 3 against us. Better than they usually do.

Yup, the two stats give me confidence. Both teams shot ~41% from 3 in the first game. Memphis avg's 33% we average 40%.

We turned the ball over 15 times in the first game, Memphis 9. We average 12, they average 13.

Those two stats plus the continued development of our frontcourt and Kromah's new gear has me feeling good.

Lastly, were 5-0 ATS in our last 5 and favored by 3.5. (edit up to 5.5 in some places)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure, Memphis plays real tough at home too.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Experts like Seth Davis picking against us, Memphis has a significant bulk advantage inside and the mental edge of being fired up from the loss at Memphis. Huskies need to defend the home court, but of course we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
I hope they all pick against us.

WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I honestly enjoy being picked against because it makes the win much more sweeter.

Reaction Score
Huge game for the Huskies as far as seeding……they win today and make the committee begin to look inside the Top 16 with this team……as people were suggesting a "run" is needed NOW is the time. It's been something of a strength of JC teams to make those runs, or keep them going when this time of the season arrived, let's see where this team is. A talented although inconsistent Memphis team with revenge firmly on their minds……..

See who has their big boy pants on and who has all their toes in!!

Doooommmmmmeeeeeeeedddddddd!!

Reaction Score
What doe sit matter? There is no accountability for these guy. Make one bad pick, then just move on to pick the next game.

Reaction Score
Well they were wrong big time despite DD getting hurt again and Kromah warming the bench most of the game. Giffey was off a bit too. Could have/should have won by more. Still haven't peaked imo.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32