Lost in the overtime loss is Kelly's effort | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lost in the overtime loss is Kelly's effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the course of the season, several people (myself included) commented on what a shame it was, given her extraordinary contributions to the team, that Kelly didn't have more confidence in her shooting. I never saw one suggestion from anyone that she be benched...the very thought is beyond ridiculous. At the beginning of the season, not one of us realistically thought that this would be a NC season. The fact that we did as well as we did is a tribute to all involved, but to none more than KF, who will step up as our acknowledged team leader next year, when we can realistically hope to win it all.
There were definitely folks who came on here and said Geno should not play Kelly or CD because they are not offensive threats. In fact, in the early part of the season there were posters who said Kelly should not be a starter, because she isn't offensively minded. Kelly has been my favorite player since I saw her in her first game. I recognized immediately she has the same kind of work ethic I can relate to. She does all the little things that help the team and those around her shine. She may not light up the scoreboard, or draw attention to herself with flashy play, but she gets the job done in so many ways that make everyone else around her so much better. The fact that her contributions are not recognized by so many people just endear her to me all the more. Rock on, Kelly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom