Loss to SMU is Not the Nail in the Coffin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Loss to SMU is Not the Nail in the Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Now can we declare the coffin shut? This is not 2011 or 2014. Last year we had the best backcourt in the nation and a PF capable of being a game changer.

Reaction Score
Right now the route in the AAC would be Houston, Temple, Tulsa and SMU

Reaction Score
But, but, the AAC tourni is in Hartford.

At this rate, it could be in Storrs and we'd be lucky to make the finals.

Reaction Score
But, but, the AAC tourni is in Hartford.

At this rate, it could be in Storrs and we'd be lucky to make the finals.
I know a lot of people here do not understand the difference between home and road games, but it is huge.

Team has been good at home this year, terrible on the road (3-6) which is natural for a young team.

Their home loses this year are 2 buzzer beaters and a game without Boatright.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people here do not understand the difference between home and road games, but it is huge.

Team has been good at home this year, terrible on the road (3-6) which is natural for a young team.

This. I've pointed this out a couple times we haven't played dominant ball at home excluding Tulsa but they haven't played horrible either. The 3 losses are a combined 6 points. Not that this guarantees wins in the AAC tourney but playing at home gives me hope.

Reaction Score
Our bracket will actually be favorable IMO for us getting to the AAC final.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Speaking from a Vegas perspective the difference between a home and away game accounts for 5-6 points. To put that into perspective, the only team that we will be a true "underdog" to during the AAC tournament will be SMU, who will be slight favorites. Even though we are currently 6th in the AAC SMU and UConn will be the two clear favorites to win the tournament. I haven't seen many indications that we can beat this SMU team, but based on straight statistics we have a solid shot.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think trying to make a positive out of only losing to Yale by 1 at home, is a little bit like putting lipstick on a pig
I'll keep some hope alive but I wouldn't bet on our team winning four games in a row. Hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Our bracket will actually be favorable IMO for us getting to the AAC final.
So true. When we look at this conference on paper we certainly are better than our record indicates and can win it all.

The problem is that the game is played on a different kind of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom