Loss good for the team | The Boneyard

Loss good for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We weren't going 40-0. It's better to exposes flaws and deficiency early int season and adjust.

If I had to say the biggest negative is that coach just did not have them ready for the press--and despite wicked cold 3 pt and FS shooting--usually when Uconn can shoot as a whole 45% and win the rebounding battle--we win games. We lost(gave this game) away with what looked like a team that never saw a press before. They improvised in game 2-3 times--they weren't ready from play 1. This is fixable.

Purvis who we need desperately for 13-14 a night was gimped quickly and had no effect. We were really playing short handed

Boatright did what he can do--and without Boatright this would be a train wreck. The difference between Boatright and Walker/Napier is that when they needed to--they hit the three ball and could run games in and out.

We had many good things Facey Hamilton sans the multiple TO's that I dont blame on him at this point. Amida has shown improvement but if anyone has noticed--there are many better C options on the Wildcats alone. I don't know if Amida can crack the top 10 in big man in the US not including foreign. He should be able to help the team and have some really good games along the way but he should be back next year which helps.

Sam I am needs to help bring the ball up at times set up as a spot up shooter and take good shots. I think he was all over the place--simplify set and efficient.

Overall we competed hard but played stupid--we did not hit our FT's which killed any momentum and we were not ready for the press. I remember a game like that against Georgia Tech back in 2004.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
reminds me of a quote a TN women's beat-writer had about Pat not playing Geno (before she was diagnosed)

TN just suffered an early exit from the dance and she said their opponent "exposed their weaknesses". The writer said that if she had played Geno in January, he would have exposed their weaknesses two months earlier and she could have made adjustments before the tournament

Maybe Huggy did us a favor ;)

I'm grasping here

Reaction Score
reminds me of a quote a TN women's beat-writer had about Pat not playing Geno (before she was diagnosed)

TN just suffered an early exit from the dance and she said their opponent "exposed their weaknesses". The writer said that if she had played Geno in January, he would have exposed their weaknesses two months earlier and she could have made adjustments before the tournament

Maybe Huggy did us a favor ;)

I'm grasping here

The next time we play a trapping team--my bet is T Sam will be part of the starting unit --we will have more guys already back for the ball--we will not make cross-court passes against the press and we might even press the opponent right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom