Losing Plays | The Boneyard

Losing Plays

Reaction Score
Too many losing plays down the stretch.

Fighting your own teammate for a rebound and knocking the ball oob.
Smith with his head down on a 2-1 break and taking an offensive foul instead of hitting a wide open Sid.
Leaving shooters wideeee open
Letting a 58% FT shooter go 3-3 from the line (I kid, but wtf does it seem like these brick layers always turn into Steph Curry from the line against us?)

Have to play smarter than that. That was a very winnable game and we booted it.

Reaction Score
I'm sick and tired of all these "close" loses. Crap teams lose games and we are a crap team.

It's worse than that. We're a team that doesn't know how to win, and with the season almost over it doesn't look like this group of players is going to get it this year.

Unless the new guys come in and take over the reins immediately, it will be hard to suddenly break the pattern early next year.

Reaction Score
Tarin Smith letting the ball go out, and then standing in the middle of no mans land with 2 seconds left instead of closing on the guy with the ball...
And earlier with the charge instead of lobbing it up to Sid. Rough game for him.

Reaction Score
Disgraceful. One thing you can say is that when you think UConn has hit rock bottom they find a even lower low.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That last possession was bad. Gotta make him come back towards the end line and make him hange direction.

Neither happened.

The stupid charge by Smith was huge and just so terrible.

The Adams 3 was dumb.

Mcducffie hit some atrocious shots that had maybe a 10% Chance of going in, but he’s a good player and that will happen.

Reaction Score
Easily the third time this year I've seen Uconn fight teammates for rebound, lack of focus.

Reaction Score
And earlier with the charge instead of lobbing it up to Sid. Rough game for him.
He shot fine from the field, but lost about every 50/50 situation he was put in.

Reaction Score
Adams had just hit a three. He was feeling it. But he has to make that wide open shot.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Next year isn’t looking much better unless Gilbert is healthy all year. Vital,polley,willson,Adams all need to improve. Carlton I believe will get better but he needs help and Hurley doesn’t have that coming in yet.

I’m not even sure MO or Whaley will be on the team honestly.

Reaction Score
We should have made it difficult for them to inbound. Relying on our man to man D is not going to cut it with this team.

Reaction Score
Disgraceful. One thing you can say is that when you think UConn has hit rock bottom they find a even lower low.
This is nowhere near the bottom. We may be in the middle of a dead-cat bounce (and I don't think that's the case), but taking regular 30 point beatings is worse. Or losing to East Carolina two years ago.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Given how ungrateful you appear to be for the past 25 years? You deserve every second of it.

By the way, how did your Gilbert predictions look tonight?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Adams had just hit a three. He was feeling it. But he has to make that wide open shot.
Correct. If he takes that he has to make it. He could have easily driven to the hoop there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom