Losing basketball plays | The Boneyard

Losing basketball plays

Reaction Score
Bouknight misses front end of 1-and-1. Sanogo fouls on the loose ball and has to sit with 4. Wide open 3 to tie. Gaffney absurdly dumb shot. Give up basket. Bouk falls down and turns it over. Zigabeltwdnski basket.

From up 3 with Bouk at the line to down 4 in the blink of an eye.

We had the momentum and a chance to start putting them away and that sequence changed everything.

So gross. Hello 8/9 game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We had soooooooooooooooooooo many I can’t even count. Lazy play by a number of players. I hate those underhand bounce passes some of our guys throw. We are good but too lazy and nonchalant. Missing free throws. RJ has a busted eye because he made a very poor decision. We just in my opinion play not smart. We should have won this game. AJ took a terrible 3 when we had them on the ropes. We deserved to lose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sanogo had two of his four fouls on an arm hook call on offense and on a rebound on a missed FT. He can't be doing that.

Moment, okay the entire game, was bigger than Gaff. He was brutally bad tonight.

Reaction Score
Yeah when sanogo got his 2 foul in the first half, that changed the complexion of the game. That was huge because he had to sit.

Reaction Score
We don’t win close games. Creighton x3, Nova, St Johns, etc. We have 0 offensive plan. Literally no one drives besides Bouk every once in a while. 1-12 to end the game shows we don’t have experience winning. I don’t know what it is but no one can knock down a clutch shot.

Reaction Score
Bouknight misses front end of 1-and-1. Sanogo fouls on the loose ball and has to sit with 4. Wide open 3 to tie. Gaffney absurdly dumb shot. Give up basket. Bouk falls down and turns it over. Zigabeltwdnski basket.

We had the momentum and a chance to start putting them away and that sequence changed everything.

Agree 100%. The front end miss, Sanogo foul, and 3 pointer give up was the key stretch of the whole game.

Reaction Score
Is Bouknight trying to set a record for falling down without contact? Must have been 10x or more. The play where he lucked out to regain possession comes to mind. Tiffany Hayes is the only other player that comes to mind that falls so much.

Reaction Score
We are in the normal UConn progression. If Bouk came back for his Junior year we would have a chance to realistically compete for the national championship. I know he’s not but we are on normal schedule, with the players coming next year and Bouk staying and Polley and Whaley staying, who would beat us? A dream I know but we would I think win it all.

Reaction Score
ALL OF THE ABOVE except I don’t see us on the 8/9 line at all.
The loss of Cole hurt down the stretch as well.
Such raw emotion from the players after the game - tough to watch.
I am going to lose some sleep tonight but still looking forward to the Selection show on Sunday.

Reaction Score

Yeah I sensed the turn right there as well. I typed that until I was blue in the face in the Chat. Also, he missed some open mid range shots, too. This game was there for the taking. Kind of feels like 1995, where UConn wanted Villanova (or at least I did) in the BET final and they got them, but lost.

It was an entertaining game just with a less than desirable outcome. But just like 1995, the loss will be somewhat forgotten once the brackets are revealed.

Reaction Score
We don’t win close games. Creighton x3, Nova, St Johns, etc. We have 0 offensive plan. Literally no one drives besides Bouk every once in a while. 1-12 to end the game shows we don’t have experience winning. I don’t know what it is but no one can knock down a clutch shot.
Both Hurley and Calhoun love(d) defense. The question to me regarding Hurley is this. Is he willing to go out and bring in guys like Rashad Anderson, who specialize in throwing daggers, but you wouldn't want them anywhere near the court up 3-4 with a minute to go. But you're willing to give them 10 minutes, maybe 15 minutes depending on how the game is going. [HELLO TRANSFER PORTAL]

You have to have a well-rounded roster, hell there are enough players you are giving schollies to that you can survive having a couple of bad defenders who in the final 1-2 minutes can win you games while you use clock stoppages/timeouts to get them in and out of games.

With this current team, if we are down 2 or 3 with a minute to go I honestly have no confidence that anyone on this roster will make a big shot. I like Polley, and over the course of a game he can make some 3's (Marquette he obviously dominated), but in clutch time does he have that in him? I dunno.

But i am not a basketball expert x and o's guy, so it's possible what I think is idiotic. After all, we are a hockey school (UConn vs. Providence, Sunday afternoon)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are in the normal UConn progression. If Bouk came back for his Junior year we would have a chance to realistically compete for the national championship. I know he’s not but we are on normal schedule, with the players coming next year and Bouk staying and Polley and Whaley staying, who would beat us? A dream I know but we would I think win it all.
But that's not happening. We need a strong get to the rim guard to go with Cole.

Reaction Score
Turning point was simple - Bouk missed foul shot , zegarowski comes back hits the and one sanogo gets his fourth foul - RJ Cole gets concussion - gaffney takes stupid ass drive - ball game night night. Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to notice that.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sanogo had two of his four fouls on an arm hook call on offense and on a rebound on a missed FT. He can't be doing that.

Moment, okay the entire game, was bigger than Gaff. He was brutally bad tonight.

The hook should have been a play-on. Gained no advantage. Both his second and third fouls were cheapos. The 4th was on him—and Bouk.

Reaction Score
Look no further than.... Bouk 4 for 14: Cole / Martin 3 for 13: Polley / Gaffney 1/9 = 8 for 36...Sorry but not winning many games that way.. Oh and getting our asses kicked on the board...yikes
They defended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom