Lose The Pringles Paige! | The Boneyard

Lose The Pringles Paige!

Reaction Score
At least she showed very good judgment when it came to mentioning female basketball players. The only three she mentioned were Diana, Sue and Maya. If Paige can have their kind of success I won’t care how many Pringles she eats.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Funny how Pringles got some hackles up when she mentioned 4 other 'decadent' sweets.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Funny how Pringles got some hackles up when she mentioned 4 other 'decadent' sweets.

Naw or gnaw ... I like the way the traditional Pringle snaps. But I had to come up with a thread title and it sorta popped into my head - like the Pringles pop top.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
They actually do have potatoes. But when I see 0% of an RDA of potassium, I gotta wonder.

Real potato chips aren't extruded.
I don't care for Pringles but . . . . Nutrition label says 120 mg of potassium per serving (28g). That's probably close to that of a medium banana. No#1 ingredient is potato with oil and a couple of flours following. Calories and sodium are roughly the same as traditional chips. I don't think they are marketed as potato chips. Pringles labels them as "crisps" sort of a potato cracker.

Now, where are my Ruffles?

Reaction Score
4 out of her top 5 would have to go if an inflammatory disease develops.

Cashews are solid.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
4 out of her top 5 would have to go if an inflammatory diseases develops.

Cashews are solid.
Cashews and raisins are my weakness. Not pie, not cake, not doughnuts, not ice cream. Cashews and raisins. Boyo!.

Reaction Score
Cashews and raisins are my weakness. Not pie, not cake, not doughnuts, not ice cream. Cashews and raisins. Boyo!.
Wheat flour is even an inflammatory. We eat so many foods today that we shouldn't.

Wish I had a weakness like that. I've had a weakness for sandwiches and soups! Can't even eat many of those anymore.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Honey roasted cashews! One of my go to snacks when I get the munchies. I too take a pass on the fat pills. I get a pie twice a year and 1 dozen doughnuts (Koffee Kup crullers) every June. Not that I don't like them (especially the doughnuts and wife's apple pie) but at my age it's a struggle to maintain my studly physique. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honey roasted cashews! One of my go to snacks when I get the munchies. I too take a pass on the fat pills. I get a pie twice a year and 1 dozen doughnuts (Koffee Kup crullers) every June. Not that I don't like them (especially the doughnuts and wife's apple pie) but at my age it's a struggle to maintain my studly physique. ;)
I implore you to try regular roasted cashews and dark raisins. You'll never be the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I implore you to try regular roasted cashews and dark raisins. You'll never be the same.
Pecans and craisins for me right now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don't care for Pringles but . . . . Nutrition label says 120 mg of potassium per serving (28g). That's probably close to that of a medium banana. No#1 ingredient is potato with oil and a couple of flours following. Calories and sodium are roughly the same as traditional chips. I don't think they are marketed as potato chips. Pringles labels them as "crisps" sort of a potato cracker.

Now, where are my Ruffles?
My bad. I'm a runner living in a hot/humid part of the country, so I'm always looking for high-potassium snacks. Plus my daughter doesn't like potatoes (didn't get that from me or my wife), so that's one source down. So I check the potassium content of things. I swear, several years ago, I looked at a can of Pringles and saw 0g potassium, which left me shaking my head.

But I looked at several cans today, and you're correct, they have as much potassium as normal potato chips. And I do like them.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
4 out of her top 5 would have to go if an inflammatory disease develops.

Cashews are solid.
Do you mean an inflammatory bowel disease like celiac or inflammatory in general, like rheumatoid arthritis? If the latter, wheat is not a universal trigger, although it may be for some.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige is still a kid so let her eat what she wants to eat. When I was her age I ate a lot of food that wasn't to healthy. Doesn't everyone eat that way when there young? I bet everyone on this site has done the same thing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I bet everyone on this site has done the same thing.
Made me nauseous every time, but that didn't stop me: Fritos (original) corn chips, big kosher dill pickle, plenty of Diet Pepsi.

Reaction Score
Do you mean an inflammatory bowel disease like celiac or inflammatory in general, like rheumatoid arthritis? If the latter, wheat is not a universal trigger, although it may be for some.
Latter, at least. I can only say I am speaking from experience. South Asian food lights my skeletal structure on fire. And my ancestry is central/south Asian.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom