Los Angeles Sparks @ Connecticut Sun - 5/24/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Sparks @ Connecticut Sun - 5/24/18

Reaction Score
It went sideways, but I was trying to make this same point during the opener against the Lynx. It is surprising that Samuelson was cut and Wiese was kept on the roster, but as soon as they brought Samuelson back on board she jumped ahead of Wiese. I don't know why they didn't just cut Wiese instead a week ago or whenever the rosters were finalized. On paper they may not play the same position but they are similar enough that it makes sense they are competing for PT. Not sure if they even consider Wiese a backup PG or just a guard/wing.

Looked at box score, Wiese was a DNP tonight. Only played about 3 minutes in the opener, not sure about the game in between.
Wiese could have some nagging injury that no one is speaking about. That would explain everything.

Reaction Score
Both teams shot extremely well but the height and athleticism of the Sun's front court proved to be the difference. They enjoyed a huge offensive and overall rebounding differential: 20/29 vs. 9/14.
That will lead to wins in most games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both teams shot extremely well but the height and athleticism of the Sun's front court proved to be the difference. They enjoyed a huge offensive and overall rebounding differential: 20/29 vs. 9/14.
That will lead to wins in most games.
Yep, plus they won’t lose many while shooting 62.5%.

Reaction Score
Wiese could have some nagging injury that no one is speaking about. That would explain everything.

I don’t think she has a injury, he has put her in for a few mins in the last game in like garbage mins, she is able to play.

Reaction Score
I don’t think she has a injury, he has put her in for a few mins in the last game in like garbage mins, she is able to play.

Looking like last year where she never plays and if she does its less than 5 minutes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If your Minnesota or LA, you want Connecticut to be on the opposite of the bracket. This team will be dangerous in the playoffs

Absolutely, The Sun put a hundred burger on a team that beat the Lynx in Minnesota. The Sparks will win 25+ games this season. The Sun appear to have a team that can go deep into the playoffs, if their core players stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
LA might be the most complete team in the league this year with Parker in the mix. Her/Nneka make the best 1-2 frontline in the league, and Gray/Sims may be the best guard duo. Their weakness is offensive firepower on the wing, but if Beard can hit midrange and if Carson is hitting from midrange/deep, I'm not sure anyone can beat them in the playoffs.

Connecticut looked fantastic today, they shot the ball lights out. JJ/Chiney is going to make one heck of a front court. Both are so long and athletic. A. Thomas is fantastic, J. Thomas looked very good once again, and Williams is explosive in the backcourt. Extremely athletic team at all positions. I'm not sure players like Brionna Jones, Tuck, and Banham will break into the rotation this year.

The interesting thing about Williams is they got her for nothing after she was cut by Phoenix. What a break for the Sun. Williams couldn't get off the bench in Phoenix, now she's a starter for the Sun. Go figure.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing about Williams is they got her for nothing after she was cut by Phoenix. What a break for the Sun. Williams couldn't get off the bench in Phoenix, now she's a starter for the Sun. Go figure.

It was actually a Bone for Williams trade.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Forgot this game was on, missed it. How was the battle of the Ogwumikes? Were they matched up with each other very often?

Yes they were. They mentioned in their post game interview that they actually like playing against each other, and look forward to it. They are very close. Don't forget that they played together for 2 years at Stanford. Neither of them has any moves or tendencies the other has not already seen hundreds of times.

They both enjoy hosting each other when one comes to town for a road game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It was actually a Bone for Williams trade.

Thanks, I stand corrected. I thought Williams was outright released. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom