Los Angeles Sparks @ Chicago Sky - 7/22/18 | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Sparks @ Chicago Sky - 7/22/18

Reaction Score
No Nneka Ogwumike or Alana Beard in this game, so it could be interesting.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm at the arena watching warmups.

Vadeeva is a heck of a physical specimen for having only turned 20 within the last week. Passes the eye test for sure.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Parker is going to try to force a trade to chicago

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She has a considerable cheering section here tonight, including a group seated directly behind me.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The "just outscore them" method not working as well for Chicago tonight. LA up 12 after a 31-point third quarter.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Alaina Coates is so bad. As soon as she got in the game, Vadeeva immediately scored 4 points.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sims and Gray both rolled their ankles within 30 seconds of each other. Sims looks to be the more severe of the two.

I assume it's cardio limiting Cheyenne Parker's minutes. Otherwise she should be playing way more. She's the only Sky player who can rebound worth a damn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sims down with what looks like an ankle injury. La wins with another monster stat line for Parker: 23 points, 12 boards, 7 assists, 0 turnovers.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Sims and Gray both rolled their ankles within 30 seconds of each other. Sims looks to be the more severe of the two.

I assume it's cardio limiting Cheyenne Parker's minutes. Otherwise she should be playing way more. She's the only Sky player who can rebound worth a damn.

No idea why Stocks decided to take Parker out after she scored back to back buckets late in the game when the game was within reach. Keep the players out there who are having good nights, especially late in the game.

Reaction Score
No idea why Stocks decided to take Parker out after she scored back to back buckets late in the game when the game was within reach. Keep the players out there who are having good nights, especially late in the game.

I was asking myself the same question. How could it be cardio, Stef is not in shape and playing way more minutes.
Stokes has no consistent subbing pattern. Today Coates played no minutes in the first three quarters and Coates comes in at 8:43 in the forth quarter , to do what be a spark off the bench.

Reaction Score
Who would Chicago have to trade for her? Their better players are the ones LA has no need for. Parker when she is on is a very valuable player but she takes a lot of games off and always doesn't play defense. In some ways the Sparks will have better chemistry with her gone. But who does Chicago have that the Sparks would trade her for? Well if their draft pick is high enough, perhaps that and a player. If they picked today they would pick third, one loss off from picking second. Trade deadline is on the 28th so I don't think it will happen. Perhaps in the off season it would make sense. I think Parker probably wants to play point, but then Chicago would have to replace Sloot as well. LA certainly has no need for her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Everybody forces Chicago to trade them away, not the other way around. Is Parker confused?

Sloot followed up her triple double w/ 15 points/10 assists. She deserves to be on a better team. Saw on a Gonzaga board she becomes a free agent (maybe restricted?) after this season. She should go somewhere else.

Wiese actually played a few minutes tonight. I think she's been out almost the whole season w/ a knee injury of some sort.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sloot followed up her triple double w/ 15 points/10 assists. She deserves to be on a better team. Saw on a Gonzaga board she becomes a free agent (maybe restricted?) after this season. She should go somewhere else.

Leave me some reason to keep going to games, please, lol.

Just speculation, but I think Sloot stays with Chicago as long as Quigley does. They are very tight.

Reaction Score
Who would Chicago have to trade for her? Their better players are the ones LA has no need for. Parker when she is on is a very valuable player but she takes a lot of games off and always doesn't play defense. In some ways the Sparks will have better chemistry with her gone. But who does Chicago have that the Sparks would trade her for? Well if their draft pick is high enough, perhaps that and a player. If they picked today they would pick third, one loss off from picking second. Trade deadline is on the 28th so I don't think it will happen. Perhaps in the off season it would make sense. I think Parker probably wants to play point, but then Chicago would have to replace Sloot as well. LA certainly has no need for her.

I don’t disagree. I heard she wants to go home.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Being from Chicago this has been speculated for the last few seasons (Parker coming home). Don’t know if there is any truth to it but a top pick could be worth it i suppose. Depends on where Chicago ends up in the draft order for 2019. Gotta think Beard will retire soon so maybe DeShields and a top pick? Just an idea.

Reaction Score
Being from Chicago this has been speculated for the last few seasons (Parker coming home). Don’t know if there is any truth to it but a top pick could be worth it i suppose. Depends on where Chicago ends up in the draft order for 2019. Gotta think Beard will retire soon so maybe DeShields and a top pick? Just an idea.

After over 10 years in California, wouldn’t she consider California as her home now? Her daughter has known no other home. Parker’s second job and likely her future job was forged in California. To me, the idea of Parker forcing herself to Chicago, a team known for not being able to keep its players happy, seems a bit far-fetched.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree. I heard she wants to go home.

Oh, that would be a juicy one. Slooty taking the reins from Bird? SEA could become a behemoth for years.

Canada and SEA’s low first round pick plus probably something else to realistically facilitate such a trade.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

If LA does decide to trade Parker to Chicago, I'd look for Dolson, the top pick and maybe 1 other player be dealt. 2019 is a deep draft but it doesn't have a Wilson/Parker/Moore/Charles type who is a clear standout at #1. McCowan or Brown could improve to that point this upcoming year, but I wouldn't count on it. Not sure it's really worth it for LA unless Parker demands a trade because the trio of her/Gray/Nneka has great chemistry and has yielded great results. None of them appear to be slowing down either. Even if they lose Beard to retirement (and she very well could stick around another year or 2, she's still a fantastic defender), they have Carson who does a good job and is very experienced. LA would be smart to keep their core intact for another couple of years and maybe squeeze another title out of their current players.

Sloot and Quigley is a good backcourt combo, but defensively both struggle big time. Overall Chicago is an awful defensive team and the coaching leaves a lot to be desired....not sure going there is the best move for Candace unless she can pull a Lebron and bring a couple of standouts with her. If they keep Sloot/Quigley and bring in Candace, they need a stellar defensive wing (could be Gabby Williams if she continues to improve her shooting) and an athletic forward with great hands to catch passes from Sloot and Parker. Sloot and Parker on the same team would be a joy to watch though, that would be the best passing duo in the league by far.

Reaction Score
I also don't doubt that Parker might wish to leave LA for Chicago. There could be even more motivation than just going home. I just doubt why LA would make such a trade. There would have to be some internal chemistry issues if not with the rest of the team perhaps the coach. I could understand the issues Angler might have with Parker, and that might influence a GO if the right deal presented itself. Life would be far less interesting and exciting but far more consistent with out her.

I just can not comprehend other than a draft pick, what else Chicago could offer for Parker. Sloot would be one option but LA already has Gray. Of course they might try to work out a three way to get back Jones from UConn. That would involve sending Sloot not Gray to Uconn. I don't think Magic would go for sending his counterpart to UConn.

I also do not see the big centers Brown and McCowan being a scheme fit for them. Although McCowan might be good enough to consider adjusting too. Maybe MLS or Nared along with another player like Chyenne Parker or as some suggested Deshields

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Oh, that would be a juicy one. Slooty taking the reins from Bird? SEA could become a behemoth for years.

Canada and SEA’s low first round pick plus probably something else to realistically facilitate such a trade.

Based on Deshields' instagram story it looks like Sloot and Quigley just moved into a house together.

So yeah, sticking with my thought that Sloot isn't going anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom