Los Angeles Sparks @ Chicago Sky - 6/17/18 | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Sparks @ Chicago Sky - 6/17/18

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tough afternoon for our Gabby. She drew a pretty tough defensive assignment and never got her own offense going.

Reaction Score
If the Sparks stay healthy I could see them getting another title. I'm not counting out MN just yet but age is catching up with Whalen, Augustus and Brunson. Parker and Nneka lead the way and Chelsea Gray has been a much better pro than I would have predicted.

Reaction Score
If the Sparks stay healthy I could see them getting another title. I'm not counting out MN just yet but age is catching up with Whalen, Augustus and Brunson. Parker and Nneka lead the way and Chelsea Gray has been a much better pro than I would have predicted.

Funny cuz I don’t see it. LA didn’t impress me. I know...who am I??

Reaction Score
Funny cuz I don’t see it. LA didn’t impress me. I know...who am I??

They didn't play that great tonight. First quarter and first half of 2nd quarter did not look good. Even parts in 4th quarter. They look good one night and off the next. I do think they are a title contender though.

Reaction Score
They didn't play that great tonight. First quarter and first half of 2nd quarter did not look good. Even parts in 4th quarter. They look good one night and off the next. I do think they are a title contender though.
I think the inconsistently is Angler still trying to find his rotation. They had to play their early games with no posts and now have to integrate them into the offense. It is especially more difficult in respect to Parker because she is one of their major ball handlers. Once they get Vedeeva in the mix this will be a much tougher and more balanced team. She brings an inside game that was up until now totally carried by Nika.

Reaction Score
I think the inconsistently is Angler still trying to find his rotation. They had to play their early games with no posts and now have to integrate them into the offense. It is especially more difficult in respect to Parker because she is one of their major ball handlers. Once they get Vedeeva in the mix this will be a much tougher and more balanced team. She brings an inside game that was up until now totally carried by Nika.

Yea you can totally tell he's trying to figure it out. I am really excited about Vadeeva. She hasn't played many minutes yet, but from what I saw she could be a rebounding machine.

Reaction Score
Tough afternoon for our Gabby. She drew a pretty tough defensive assignment and never got her own offense going.
Yep! She is not a PF in the WNBA, period! Anyone who thinks that Gabby Williams can, night in and night out, play against the likes of Nneka or Candace Parker (LA), Glory Johnson (Dallas), Rebecca Brunson (MN), Tina Charles (NY), EDD (Washington) or Stewie (Seattle) and perform well (ala college) or even significantly impact a game either does not know what they are doing, or does not have Gabby's interest at heart. Unfortunately, this is what Chicago's coach is doing to her. She gets a beating every night going against grown women who outweigh her significantly and are taller than her by several inches. And these women are also athletic and strong! At this rate, she will not last long physically. Playing her against that type of competition is utter madness. I get really upset when I see it. But as I and probably others have said previously on this board, Gabby not developing a consistent outside game while at UCONN left her unprepared for the WNBA. I am at pains to say this, but I think Geno did Gabby a disservice by playing her at the 4/5 for all those years. Gabby obviously takes the ultimate blame because the player is primarily responsible for developing skills that they will need to succeed at whatever they choose to do after leaving school. But Geno should have been, and probably was aware that Gabby lack the size to play 4/5 in the WNBA, but yet he continue to play her at that position even after he had bigger players for those positions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom