OT: - Lopez / Lomachenko. Who You Got? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lopez / Lomachenko. Who You Got?

Reaction Score
Surprised by the score, but not the decision. They'll both stand to get richer from the Lopez victory. Great fight, looking forward to the rematch.

Reaction Score
Rewatched the fight this morning since I stopped scoring after round 7 watching live and I scored it 8-4 Lopez, you really have to bend over backwards or basically just wanted Loma not to lose to score that fight a draw. As for Loma's "plan", he usually takes a couple of rounds to get his reads but it was obvious that he was bothered by Lopez's speed, reflexes, power, and skills. Once he fell behind by so many rounds he had no choice but to open up and take the risks if he wanted to win. Credit to him that his chin and durability held up because Lopez was sending alot of heat back even in the rounds that Loma won later on. Going into the fight I was confused by folks who thought this was gonna be some Floyd/Canelo type moment, Loma didn't look like an alien against Linares, Pedraza, and Campbell and Lopez is several steps ahead of those guys. Lopez was always gonna be in this fight with what he brings to the table.

Reaction Score

This sheds light on Lomas uncharacteristic showing. I respect him for gutting it out

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rewatched the fight this morning since I stopped scoring after round 7 watching live and I scored it 8-4 Lopez, you really have to bend over backwards or basically just wanted Loma not to lose to score that fight a draw. As for Loma's "plan", he usually takes a couple of rounds to get his reads but it was obvious that he was bothered by Lopez's speed, reflexes, power, and skills. Once he fell behind by so many rounds he had no choice but to open up and take the risks if he wanted to win. Credit to him that his chin and durability held up because Lopez was sending alot of heat back even in the rounds that Loma won later on. Going into the fight I was confused by folks who thought this was gonna be some Floyd/Canelo type moment, Loma didn't look like an alien against Linares, Pedraza, and Campbell and Lopez is several steps ahead of those guys. Lopez was always gonna be in this fight with what he brings to the table.

8-4 seems about right to me. After the 10th I was thinking Loma better win 11 and 12 to get the win. I thought Lopez really only needed to win 1 of the last 2 rounds to win it and it seemed to me like 11 was could go either way with me leaning towards Lopez and the 12th was definitely Lopez.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

This sheds light on Lomas uncharacteristic showing. I respect him for gutting it out

I never thought he was looking 100% recovered from the 2018 surgery. I know after my minor shoulder surgery I did not feel "right" for at least a year following. Given I am not nearly as tough as a man who gets punched for a living, but Loma has looked less like himself ever since the Linares fight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never thought he was looking 100% recovered after from the 2018 surgery. I know after my minor shoulder surgery I did not feel "right" for at least a year following. Given I am not nearly as tough as a man who gets punched for a living, but Loma has looked less like himself ever since the Linares fight.
He probably should have pulled out to keep his belts like 99% of fighters would have done. Instead he said screw that because he's too prideful and didn't want to hear crap from the Lopez camp. Hopefully he can recover fully and we get a rematch

Reaction Score
99 percent of boxers will not refuse a paycheck,especially millions of $..cortisone shots helped with soreness in the shoulder,there was not enough time to get muscles to get stronger,like the poster mentioned above.loma thought he could pick and pop from outside but the speed and length of reach of lopez stopped loma in his tracks.loma had to go inside and was hurting lopez if he had more on his punch I think he would have taken lopez out

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I thought Loma would win but I'm not buying his shoulder is the reason he lost. He was unable for the most of the fight to get in position with his feet to even throw anything effective.

He's never had one punch knockout power. Always more of an accumulation of punches KO artist, and those punches just don't have the same effect against bigger guys.

I guess there's a chance that if he had had a little more strength in his shoulder he would've been able to get Lopez out of there that late round where he had him on the ropes, but other than that I think it's hard to blame that loss on the shoulder.

Reaction Score
According to his surgeon he had a torn cartilage and a bursitis rupture whatever that is Monday in L.A.so take it for whatever it's worth.He should have postponed.He threatened to retire if he wasn't allowed to fight

Reaction Score
I would still put Loma as #1 lb for lb even if he wasn’t hurt. He had to go above his weight class to get a fight. No one near his competition weight can even get close to him.

Reaction Score
When you go on the record in the pre-fight show and again the fight week press conference that this is the healthiest you've felt in years and how now you can finally show all of your weapons, the injury excuse is kinda lame. I know it's his team doing it and not him directly, but I'm not trying to hear it. His team following the Manny Pacquiao playbook to a T.

Reaction Score
The surgeon who operated on kobe operated on loma mon a.m.He stated he repaired cartilage and a ruptured bursa sack.Also loma received to corty shots last month.google it

Reaction Score
When you go on the record in the pre-fight show and again the fight week press conference that this is the healthiest you've felt in years and how now you can finally show all of your weapons, the injury excuse is kinda lame. I know it's his team doing it and not him directly, but I'm not trying to hear it. His team following the Manny Pacquiao playbook to a T.
This post makes no sense. He had surgery on a shoulder that was in fact injured so how is it an excuse? No fighter is stupid enough to tell his opponent before a fight that he is injured and what the injury is. If you can keep that quiet you do or you cancel the fight.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
@aceboon I do not agree. Even with the surgery nothing should be taken away from Lopez who boxed very well. You can only fight the guy put in front of you. If Loma was 100% would he have won? Maybe. What I saw was a larger fighter in Lopez who would have given even a 100% Loma a serious test and possibly the same outcome. The only way it was going to be different was if Loma had more pop and maybe Lopez does not get out of the late rounds because he was definitely looking gassed in the 11th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom