Looooong in season break... | The Boneyard

Looooong in season break...

Reaction Score
Just realized how long we we're out of action til we play again.. We basically have 3 full weeks to prepare for Clemson... Weird to have an in season break this long...

Geesh, the season can't end soon enough, but... we got awhile before we play again this year... As bad as we've been it's gonna be tough with absolutely no real news (preparations for the next game talk doesn't start until 12/8/21 basically).. It'd be nice to get a few rumblings on who's showing real interest or who's linked to the gig come December 1 during that time from... Any news other than the already obvious stuff....

1635164108170.png

Reaction Score
Just realized how long we we're out of action til we play again.. We basically have 3 full weeks to prepare for Clemson... Weird to have an in season break this long...

Geesh, the season can't end soon enough, but... we got awhile before we play again this year... As bad as we've been it's gonna be tough with absolutely no real news (preparations for the next game talk doesn't start until 12/8/21 basically).. It'd be nice to get a few rumblings on who's showing real interest or who's linked to the gig come December 1 during that time from... Any news other than the already obvious stuff....

View attachment 70492

-> Spanos, his staff and the current Huskies roster have three more games to salvage something from the season, but first a two-week bye that will mean 22 days between the Middle Tennessee State game and the next game, at Clemson on Nov. 13.

“I’ve had two weeks of byes throughout my career,” said Spanos, 50, who has spent most of his coaching career in the NFL. “But two weeks consecutive, that’s a first. That’s where you have to be creative and make sure the players are fresh. Mentally and physically, the players have got to take a break for a moment.”

The plan is a light week of work, with emphasis on fundamentals, then next week a normal drill-down on the opponent. <-

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wrong answer, Lou. What this requires is a three week, 80's style video montage, of this team workin' hard, payin' the price for what will surely be a Hollywood upset victory.

Normal drill down ain't gonna cut it. Eye of the tiger, Lou. Eye of the tiger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wrong answer, Lou. What this requires is a three week, 80's style video montage, of this team workin' hard, payin' the price for what will surely be a Hollywood upset victory.

Normal drill down ain't gonna cut it. Eye of the tiger, Lou. Eye of the tiger.

So, we're going with Rocky 3 and beyond soundtracks, Flashdance, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Vision Quest and what else?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Geesh, the season can't end soon enough, but...
I agree, but mostly because I want to see who the new coach and staff are and start turning the page.

Reaction Score
How about come up with a game plan that doesn't start with 3 plays for Mensah for a 3 and out. 22 days should be enough, even without an outside consultant.
Just think how much fun this would be if HCRE2.0 hadn't got the boot and was explaining how it was all about eye discipline and execution.

Reaction Score
How about come up with a game plan that doesn't start with 3 plays for Mensah for a 3 and out. 22 days should be enough, even without an outside consultant.
Just think how much fun this would be if HCRE2.0 hadn't got the boot and was explaining how it was all about eye discipline and execution.
And for no hurry up where 2 of the 3 plays are lead to b/w 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 2 then we hurry up hiking the ball immediately with the opposing defense already set for the play... that's a disaster.. It keeps being a disaster every 1st series of every game...

Reaction Score
And for no hurry up where 2 of the 3 plays are lead to b/w 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 2 then we hurry up hiking the ball immediately with the opposing defense already set for the play... that's a disaster.. It keeps being a disaster every 1st series of every game...
Practice makes perfect my mother used to say............

Reaction Score
All we’re playing for is to develop players for next year and hope the good ones don’t transfer. The coaches are nothing more than temporary placeholders that can’t be outta here fast enough.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I honestly don't know why we don't just steal last weeks play sequence from some other team? It's gotta be better than what we are doing. You could pick a new team every week.

Today were are running Oregon vs Ohio State. Next week some random MAC matchup. Following week, the 2004 International Bowl. I don't think it matters at this point.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
This just a little break before the next time we get out classed,can’t wait to read some of the posts after Clemson puts up a 70 spot! Lol should really help with season ticket sales and recruiting

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Two weeks of not watching this bunch is just fine with me. Because I have no choice but to watch when they’re playing. I needed the break. Call it mental IR.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom