Looks to be a 3 bid league | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks to be a 3 bid league

C

Chief00

This is all an act, right? You can't be this creepy in real life.

You turn things upside down - How is wishing a friend happy birthday creepy?

No, you’re the dude who’s really strange.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You turn things upside down - How is wishing a friend happy birthday creepy?

No, you’re the dude who’s really strange.
If it were a friend, I would pick up the phone and call to wish him or her a happy birthday.

Announcing to countless random strangers on a message board (where I would be stunned if it is the best means of communicating with her) that you hear she is "looking real good" and explaining to her that you wanted to join the celebration but couldn't is off the charts bizarre.

Reaction Score
What happens with Houston, and Memphis will go a long way towards determining how this league is viewed. Houston has taken a step forward this year. A few wins in March might be enough to create the kind of buzz in the city of Houston to allow Sampson to start dominating recruiting in a city with plenty of talent. As for Memphis, Tubby has always been a good coach, but his unwillingness to get down in the mud, or recruit knuckleheads, has always hampered his recruiting. He got rid of the distractions (Lawsons), and Memphis has actually done better than expected this year. I don't know if he can get them back to a powerhouse level, but I expect that they'll soon be a consistently solid team.

C

Chief00

If it were a friend, I would pick up the phone and call to wish him or her a happy birthday.

Announcing to countless random strangers on a message board (where I would be stunned if it is the best means of communicating with her) that you hear she is "looking real good" and explaining to her that you wanted to join the celebration but couldn't is off the charts bizarre.

You are zip codes away from how the Bunkeys think - LOL.

You are imposing how you think on others, who operate quite differently than someone with a Fairfield County handle.

Reaction Score
What happens with Houston, and Memphis will go a long way towards determining how this league is viewed. Houston has taken a step forward this year. A few wins in March might be enough to create the kind of buzz in the city of Houston to allow Sampson to start dominating recruiting in a city with plenty of talent. As for Memphis, Tubby has always been a good coach, but his unwillingness to get down in the mud, or recruit knuckleheads, has always hampered his recruiting. He got rid of the distractions (Lawsons), and Memphis has actually done better than expected this year. I don't know if he can get them back to a powerhouse level, but I expect that they'll soon be a consistently solid team.

Houston has some good young players, who they'll be supplementing next year with National Top 100 Nate Hinton and DeJon Jarreau and Brison Gresham.

Houston has been a steady build and Sampson is taking it to another level.

I'm enjoying the major city dynamic of this conference with strong coaching hires.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You are zip codes away from how the Bunkeys think - LOL.

You are imposing how you think on others, who operate quite differently than someone with a Fairfield County handle.
So you are claiming that wishing happy birthday to a friend via a random message board (as opposed to making a phone call) is the norm outside of Fairfield County Ct?

In a different way now
I'm curious, what color is the sky in your world?

C

Chief00

So you are claiming that wishing happy birthday to a friend via a random message board (as opposed to making a phone call) is the norm outside of Fairfield County Ct?

I'm curious, what color is the sky in your world?

You seem unable to think or comprehend outside of your narrow life’s experience. I am sorry about that.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You seem unable to think or comprehend outside of your narrow life’s experience. I am sorry about that.
I'll give you this, when you commit you put everything behind it, regardless of what reality dictates.

Reaction Score
Cuse with a losing record in the ACC will still a bid from a team in the American, book it

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

At least he doesn't make up fictional life experiences on message boards.

Reaction Score
Houston has some good young players, who they'll be supplementing next year with National Top 100 Nate Hinton and DeJon Jarreau and Brison Gresham.

Houston has been a steady build and Sampson is taking it to another level.

I'm enjoying the major city dynamic of this conference with strong coaching hires.
This league does indeed have some solid coaches. Houston is hammering Temple in Philly right now. While that's likely going to end talk of a bid for Temple, Houston has all but locked up a bid, and is steadily improving their seed. One good thing here is that all three teams will be a pretty good story, if they can win some games. Wichita has been, and will continue to be a media darling, and the new league thing adds to the story. Cincy is an established program. Can they break through, and make their deepest run since the Huggy era? Houston, the return of Phi Jamma Slamma (maybe not the style of play, but the media will be on it anyway). I imagine Hakeem, and Drexler, maybe even Elvin Hayes will be spotted in the stands. The league really needs to make some noise in the tournament this year. March is where leagues earn their respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom