Looks like Vital is all in | The Boneyard

Looks like Vital is all in

Reaction Score
IMG_0460.PNG

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Since I've heard he's leaving and he's staying what am I not supposed to believe?
Since I've heard it's the players attitude and also heard KO isn't liked by the players what am I not supposed to believe?
Since I've heard the players left because of Millers firing and just the opposite what am I not supposed to believe?
Please clarify this and any other disputes Christian.

Reaction Score
With MAL gone its hard to believe he would find more floor time with a power program. If he sharpens the pencil on his distance shot he could be a good floor spacer and fill some of what would have been Vance's role. It will also force the D to come up on shot fakes and give him some looks at dribbling in the lane. He doesn't have kemba-quickness so he's gonna have to force some over commits to penetrate.

I am really looking forward to his development.

Reaction Score
He's back... for now. Does that change when we inevitably get another guard or two to come in for next year? Hope not.

Reaction Score
amazing, i heard he's leaving. I don't know who to believe anymore lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
amazing, i heard he's leaving from someone on the inside. I don't know who to believe anymore lol
Everyone has ppl on the inside huh? Everyone claiming they know stuff is getting exhausting. Can we just lay off on the rumors and deal with what is

Reaction Score
With MAL gone its hard to believe he would find more floor time with a power program. If he sharpens the pencil on his distance shot he could be a good floor spacer and fill some of what would have been Vance's role. It will also force the D to come up on shot fakes and give him some looks at dribbling in the lane. He doesn't have kemba-quickness so he's gonna have to force some over commits to penetrate.

I am really looking forward to his development.
I get the mac and cheese kid, but come on - change your avatar.

upload_2017-4-1_14-15-41.jpeg

Reaction Score
That's great, but I don't see a reason to doubt the reports that he was considering bailing.

Do kids only come/stay to this program when there's nobody else expected to compete for minutes at their position?

If so, you can kiss goodbye the idea of having any kind of meaningful depth without a huge dropoff in talent.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's great, but I don't see a reason to doubt the reports that he was considering bailing.

Do kids only come/stay to this program when there's nobody else expected to compete for minutes at their position?

If so, you can kiss goodbye the idea of having any kind of meaningful depth without a huge dropoff in talent.
I doubt it's just playing time that gets computed in a players mind. This was a horrible season and not fun for the players. If this team had a good year and made it to the tournament I believe the players who want to transfer would have stayed (even if they had less minutes this season) and MAL and maybe even Diallo would be in a UConn uniform next season.

It's a vicious cycle when things go wrong. Just look at the negativity expressed in this forum relative to two years ago when people were worried KO was going to coach the Lakers. No one likes to lose and when that happens the majority of people leave. Only the die hards ride out the bad times. We've seen this a few times now.

Reaction Score
I doubt it's just playing time that gets computed in a players mind. This was a horrible season and not fun for the players. If this team had a good year and made it to the tournament I believe the players who want to transfer would have stayed (even if they had less minutes this season) and MAL and maybe even Diallo would be in a UConn uniform next season.

It's a vicious cycle when things go wrong. Just look at the negativity expressed in this forum relative to two years ago when people were worried KO was going to coach the Lakers. No one likes to lose and when that happens the majority of people leave. Only the die hards ride out the bad times. We've seen this a few times now.

Eh, something feels off about that though.

I doubt 3-4 kids of their own volition would think "hmm, this program is a sinking ship and being here is going to tank my career". Somebody in the outside who stands to benefit from their leaving would have to be in their ear. If that's the case, then who?

Reaction Score

I think some of this may have to do with how the kids are sold on the program before they come in. Calhoun's approach was to promise nothing and tell kids that the best people play and when you screw up your butt ends up on the bench. Coddling millennials in the recruiting process or just being in the AAC may have made forced our hand to have to sell a position to these recruits More than we've had to in the past.

Over the last 5 or so years I think we've benefitted in the transfer and 5th year market when a lot of people have been screaming that it is a huge problem. We are seeing the flip side of the coin now and it stinks.

Reaction Score
From reading a wide variety of posts I'm getting the idea that a lot of what is going on is morale based. Bad morale is contagious and there is definitely some going on here CAUSING people to tranfer an/or contemplate leaving themselves. There are a lot of factors like high demands, a losing season, injuries, firings, actual transfers, renegs on commitments, friction between players, speculation etc. The list goes on. All these things cycle around causing more negativity in the program. I am X military so I learned about both good and bad morale. Bad morale can mess up a whole unit.

A shout out to both Cardiac Andre and Kitamin for being both premature and WRONG in my assessment that the momentum had shifted in a positive direction. It's going to happen, I believe this, but we aren't there yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom