Looks like the rest of the world is finally finding out Emmert is a pedantic scumsucking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks like the rest of the world is finally finding out Emmert is a pedantic scumsucking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
based on twitter feedback Joe Nocera of the NYT is lighting Emmert up during his Final Four press conference, damn I need video of this.

Reaction Score
based on twitter feedback Joe Nocera of the NYT is lighting Emmert up during his Final Four press conference, damn I need video of this.

... and Thamel gets in his obligatory poke @ UConn. Something along the lines of a question stating/asking ME that Syracuse, UConn, Kansas have all entered tournaments under investigation in past years- is the NCAA looking into doing anything to prevent that in the future. Gotta be honest - the answer was just words because Emmert is slippery and don't believe much he says.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What's most amazing is that none of this is news. It's been known for years how corrupt and criminally inept the guy is but no one cared when it was only UConn and some no-name schools getting screwed by him. To the contrary, the media all ran with the anti-UConn angle (except Bilas, who has been pointing out the farce that is the NCAA for a while now). But now that he's targeting schools people care about it, he's going to be brought down before he can make anything stick.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
20120329_jla_ak9_035.0_standard_709.0.jpg

You people have to understand: I have a pole this big up my ass!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
20120329_jla_ak9_035.0_standard_709.0.jpg

You people have to understand: I have a pole this big up my ass!
I got a stack of Benjamins this big from UNC, what would you have done?

Reaction Score
... and Thamel gets in his obligatory poke @ UConn. Something along the lines of a question stating/asking ME that Syracuse, UConn, Kansas have all entered tournaments under investigation in past years- is the NCAA looking into doing anything to prevent that in the future. Gotta be honest - the answer was just words because Emmert is slippery and don't believe much he says.

Found the Thamel shot @ UConn in the transcript:

>>Q. Syracuse comes to the Final Four under a lengthy and seemingly significant NCAA investigation. UConn comes to mind, Kansas was on probation a couple years ago, playing at the highest level being under NCAA scrutiny. Do you think your organization has the power to stop that pattern?

PRESIDENT EMMERT: Well, I think it's related to the earlier question. You know what the association has the power to do? It's not me, it's the membership itself, the membership has the authority to create rules; it has the authority to have the staff of the NCAA conduct enforcement investigations.

You and I have chatted about the limitations of that authority. We're not a state actor, don't want to be a state actor. There will always be limitations to what can and can't be done. The fact of the matter is that the association has provided, for decades out, a level of regulatory oversight that's had a positive impact on college sports.

Are there things that go wrong out there? Of course, there are. There are probably some things that go wrong in journalism, I expect. But the evaluation is the best vehicle for self‑governance, and that's why people continue to support it.

Is it going to miss things? Are there going to be things we can't get done? Well, of course.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom