RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Her pre-existing HoH board is covered:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325203632.756046.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325203632.756046.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 79
Reaction Score
Sveta is even prettier now than she was back then. Sue still has the girl next store flavor of hotness but Sveta is ... a ... wow. I think it's all about the cheek bones.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sveta is even prettier now than she was back then. Sue still has the girl next store flavor of hotness but Sveta is ... a ... wow. I think it's all about the cheek bones.
I know she looks like a "woman" (as opposed to the "girl" we knew). She's a classic Eastern European beauty.

Reaction Score
Her pre-existing HoH board is covered:
I was at the game and it was really great that they did the unveiling thing with her number. Crowd loved it. Also, as mentioned above, Svet looked awesome as did AB. I haven't heard the attendance numbers but the place looked like it was filled except for the upper sections behind the students. Good to see a strong contingent of vocal students during the holiday shutdown.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, seemed like the best-attended game at Gampel since ND and Duke last year, though the bo score on ESPN only showed 8,106. Looked like more.

Reaction Score
Yes, seemed like the best-attended game at Gampel since ND and Duke last year, though the bo score on ESPN only showed 8,106. Looked like more.
Alex - After seeing the picture of your little one, I realized you were sitting a few rows behind us. She's a cutie.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Did they show all of the HoH halftime stuff on HoopStreams? I missed most of the game last night, but will watch the archived feed later.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Alex - After seeing the picture of your little one, I realized you were sitting a few rows behind us. She's a cutie.
Thank you! Yes, she and her little brother are a handful (especially in tandem), but they make up for it with near overdose-level cuteness.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The showed it after the end of the game.

Reaction Score
I believe Svet was very pleased with her name & her number #25 hanging on the wall of fame with the other great UConn All-Americans. Watching her closely, she would quickly glance up at her name. To think that Geno signed her after only watching a video of her playing in Russia. Three times an All-American. Geno had hit a home run!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was at the game and it was really great that they did the unveiling thing with her number. Crowd loved it. Also, as mentioned above, Svet looked awesome as did AB. I haven't heard the attendance numbers but the place looked like it was filled except for the upper sections behind the students. Good to see a strong contingent of vocal students during the holiday shutdown.

AB looked P.H.A.T.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Always one of my favorite players. Love reading her facebook posts, although many I need a translator for

Reaction Score
what was her famous response to Geno in practice- I don't come 6000 miles to set
pics I come to shoot basketball.

Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite players. Loved, loved, loved watching her play. She helped keep the program competitive before the TASSK force landed.

What are the chances of us ever getting another Sveta? There must be another one somewhere...

Reaction Score
I still remember some of the plays and that incredible layup she made against TENN her freshman year. Without her, the Vols would have blown us away that year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Svet was ahead of her time. I think we're now at a point where there a smattering of high school players coming up who have some elements of her game, i.e., the length and ball skills. Diamond DeShields is also 6'2" and really smooth. Breanna Stewart at 6'4" has impressive ball-handling skills for her height and could definitely be someone who could start and finish a break like Svet could. Taya Reimer is nowhere near as polished (yet), but she's taller than Svet and could play at least four positions on the court. Morgan is 6'1/6'2" and is a bigger body, but has a skill set suited to the three or four spot. Sierra Calhoun is 6'1"/6'2" and projects to a few positions at the college level. So none of these kids may end up being quite like Svet, but they will have size, speed, amd finessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom