Looks like great pickup games at Gampel!! | The Boneyard

Looks like great pickup games at Gampel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://eye-on-collegebasketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32194524

[QUOTE"Now you're going to have to watch us, whether you like us or not," Calhoun said. "It's a good thing for me, personally. We have 12 kids coming into the NBA. ... Ray Allen and a kid who was great when he was here and would like to still be here probably, Ben Gordon. And Rudy Gay … those guys are with our students right now. So we have all-star games, which I can't see unfortunately, every day of the week. But for a kid like Kemba Walker, we want to kind of get him on to his career."][/QUOTE]

Calhoun's thoughts on the lockout and how former players are playing with the team...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
JC...making clear and cogent sense as usual!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Also I read taliek and donyell have been there. I'm pretty sure I also read there were others too. It would be really nice/good/cool if Okafor and adrien showed up too

Reaction Score
The positive of this lockout will be that our former guys will reconnect with the program. Also, it cant hurt when recruits come up (I read Purvis was there the other day) and see the family and tradition that is UCONN.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This is unbelievable news. Do you guys really understand the implications of this? This team is getting a crash course on how to play the game from the best in the business. Combine that with the frightful level of talent, and I'm getting goose bumps. ,

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In years past guys would come back and scrimmage with the current UConn players. It was always beneficial and certainly a great legal recruiting benefit for UConn. Depending on how long the lock out lasts, UConn will have this benefit for a much longer time this season. Other schools with NBA players will benefit from this as well, but few schools have as many NBA players as UConn. A good outcome from a bad situation at least from UConn's perspective. The worst outcome is for Kemba. But he has his clothing contract to hopefully hold him over until the NBA resolves its problems.

Reaction Score
Kemba will be fine. LOL.

IMHO UCONN's pros are some of the most connected to their school in the whole NCAA family. They really seem to like coming back and hanging out. What did JC say?- Ray wishes he was still here or something like that? Good stuff.

Off to hang out with Manchester O, Cage the Elephant, the Black keys and Cold Play with my cool band manager friends at Music Mid town here in Atl. Just thought I would share.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love that photo. You all know that stance. It happens when the ball goes OB near Jim soon after a bad call from the ref. The ref is forced to face JC before he gets the ball back.

Reaction Score
Also I read taliek and donyell have been there. I'm pretty sure I also read there were others too. It would be really nice/good/cool if Okafor and adrien showed up too

Adrien is in Italy playing right now..

Reaction Score
Scot-e now you're starting to name drop ? I'm sure you are going to have a blast!

Reaction Score
http://eye-on-collegebasketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32194524

[QUOTE"Now you're going to have to watch us, whether you like us or not," Calhoun said. "It's a good thing for me, personally. We have 12 kids coming into the NBA. ... Ray Allen and a kid who was great when he was here and would like to still be here probably, Ben Gordon. And Rudy Gay … those guys are with our students right now. So we have all-star games, which I can't see unfortunately, every day of the week. But for a kid like Kemba Walker, we want to kind of get him on to his career."]

Calhoun's thoughts on the lockout and how former players are playing with the team...[/quote]
The last labor issue had a major impact in that our former players were there in 1998/99 helping our first championship team.

Reaction Score
It's a small world. One of my good friends is their manager. They had me doing shots of te-kill-ya after the show at 2am. I am still not right in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom