looks like Donovan Mitchell will be at UConn vs. Eastern | The Boneyard

looks like Donovan Mitchell will be at UConn vs. Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2015 PG Donovan Mitchell,@spidadmitchell, tells@AdamZagoria that he will be at the UConn vs. Eastern Washington.

caw

Reaction Score
Looks like Jay Murphy is in Billy D's ear about this kid………he was with Jay and his son at the PC game at MSG as we saw and then the UCnn/Florida game at Storrs……..

Kid just visited UF also.

I thought Mitchell had expressed interest in staying close to home. UF does appear to be the not close to home option though. Can't think of the last good guard they had. They seem to be pushing Mitchell to the 2/3 and that is his position (how he plays/views himself) UConn doesn't really need him. UConn needs a pure 1 or a 1/2.

Reaction Score
Kid just visited UF also.

I thought Mitchell had expressed interest in staying close to home. UF does appear to be the not close to home option though. Can't think of the last good guard they had. They seem to be pushing Mitchell to the 2/3 and that is his position (how he plays/views himself) UConn doesn't really need him. UConn needs a pure 1 or a 1/2.

Last good guard at UF? Bradley Beal? Two or so years ago.

Reaction Score
I've talked with Mitchell a couple times now. He's a real nice kid and seems intelligent. He told me and has told other reporters that he would prefer to stay closer to home so his family could see him play. That could end up being big in him picking as school but it's too early to tell.

He also has told me he wants to play the 1 and 2, which UConn is recruiting him as a combo. If Florida is recruiting him as a 2/3 that could be seen as a negative to him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So how good is this kid? Does he see himself as a PG or a SG? OP lists him as a PG, and he says Donovan would play him on the wing.

Reaction Score
Just for once can they have a video on a 6' kid who can make jump shots? I mean I like this kid but he needs to be a PG despite his athletic ability…….funny thing is I saw mention of him playing 2/3 - 3? He's small and I hope if he's your 3 you have a 6'5 PG and a 6'6 2G………..all good he can dunk but you need to be able to shoot and pass at that size……..impressive though nonetheless I guess.

Reaction Score
I have seen him play. Nice addition and would be a great Husky, but not a 'Must get' for us. I see him as more of a luxury. Super athletic w/. more of a true combo than primary ball handler.

Reaction Score
I have seen him play. Nice addition and would be a great Husky, but not a 'Must get' for us. I see him as more of a luxury. Super athletic w/. more of a true combo than primary ball handler.

Can he shoot it?

caw

Reaction Score
Last good guard at UF? Bradley Beal? Two or so years ago.

Mediocre one and done years can be so forgettable, especially if you have zero rooting interest in the school. I forgot he went to UF, much like I imagine UF fans forget Drummond went to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom