Looks like Coach Buggs is out | The Boneyard

Looks like Coach Buggs is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just like with TJ's tweet, there is nothing to read here between the lines. While Weist left his options open, I agree it appears Buggs is saying goodbye. I wish him well.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If you consider auto racing a sport, Trickle, for me, is the best. If auto racing doesn't count, then Pole, formerly the pitching coach of the Cleveland Indians has to be at or near the top of the list.

Reaction Score
If you consider auto racing a sport, Trickle, for me, is the best. If auto racing doesn't count, then Pole, formerly the pitching coach of the Cleveland Indians has to be at or near the top of the list.

Dude - ya gotta dump the PP/JH picture or at least make it a smaller. Please, pretty please?

image.jpg

Reaction Score

Dick Trickle is a good one. My favorite NASCAR name is Buckshot Jones. Just a fun name to yell out at a car race.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wish Coach Buggs the best. TBH, I was less than enthralled with our ST play and RB was inconsistent when it wasn't bad. Change might be good for both parties.

Reaction Score
Wish Coach Buggs the best. TBH, I was less than enthralled with our ST play and RB was inconsistent when it wasn't bad. Change might be good for both parties.
I was just about to write this exactly...thanks huskypants for reading my mind at the same exact time...special teams were definately the worst I've seen at UConn in awhile...McCombs might as well have just let the ball go in the end zone as he rarely got past the 25 yd line on anything...definately want to see someone else or something different back there next year...kicking game was less than impressive as well, field goals and punts.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kermit E Buggs...we hardly knew ye

Reaction Score
The guy was upbeat and excited to be here in his short tenure. Always pumping UConn and his players. On that level would have fit in well with our new HC. Wish we could have found a spot for him but best of luck.

Reaction Score
Agree with Huskypantz and Blue Whale. He seemed like a great guy, and someone who liked being here....

but his 2 areas (Specials and RB's), were just dreadful while he was here.

Reaction Score
Buggs lost a big recruit to Coach D at the 11th hour when Buggs was at Penn State.

Damn, he's a great recruiter too! Smh... wish he would have stayed. He was in charge of bringing Khairi Fortt, Silas Redd, and almost Ishaq Williams

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's a quick question (for which, the answer may not exist on this board): Am I to conclude that Diaco already has someone else in mind for ST / RB coach? Or is it just that the two don't share the same philosophy / vision for the future?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

So it just sounds like Buggs was one of the two coaches that were previously rumored to be gone anyways, before the meetings took place. Or at least that's what I'm taking from it, based on this quote from that article:

"They went great," Diaco said of meetings with the 2013 staff. "There's a ton of people in the organization who love, love, love Husky football and UConn athletics. "Whether it worked or it didn't work it wasn't for a lack of trying all the way across the board. It looks like there's a great culture of hard work so that piece right there is really a great piece."

I guess I'll keep pressing "refresh" every 15 minutes... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom