Looking Towards UConn/A&M... | The Boneyard

Looking Towards UConn/A&M...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have a good friend who went to A&M and is going up this weekend for the football game. I told him to stick around and watch UConn play their women on Sunday, to which he replied "I didn't know we even had a decent women's basketball team." (in his Southern twang of course)

Anyways, after watching them lose to Penn State I expect it to be a bigger blowout than last year...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have a good friend who went to A&M and is going up this weekend for the football game. I told him to stick around and watch UConn play their women on Sunday, to which he replied "I didn't know we even had a decent women's basketball team." (in his Southern twang of course)
Wellll............

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A&M's psychology going into this one should be interesting. 2 close losses to two teams ranked ahead of them....not good but not
unexpected. I recommend we jump on them from the gitgo to take the crowd out of it. Do we start the same kids?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I recommend we jump on them from the gitgo to take the crowd out of it. Do we start the same kids?
I see no reason not too. Until Hartley comes back, then Geno will have to make a choice.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I just don't see how A&M scores more than 55 on UConn or how UConn scores fewer than 70. UConn has more effective guards, more big bodies, and the trio of freshmen is more ready for action than A&M's stellar class. There is blowout potential, but I could also see it being tighter than last year. I'm going to guess 73-52.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how A&M scores more than 55 on UConn or how UConn scores fewer than 70. UConn has more effective guards, more big bodies, and the trio of freshmen is more ready for action than A&M's stellar class. There is blowout potential, but I could also see it being tighter than last year. I'm going to guess 73-52.

It's on ESPN2, right?

Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling but this could get ugly for a&m in a hurry. I watched them once and they were decent in all aspects of the game . That said losing to a penn state team that does not in any way approach the speed, skill or size of Uconn does not bode well for them, IMHO.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I respect GB a lot and think he has done a great job with a program that has very little support compared to football. (They have a good fan base, but nothing compared to Baylor or UConn or Tennessee, IMO)

That said, UConn wins by 20+. A&M looked shellshocked last season playing against UConn. The year they won the NC they didn't peak until the end of the season, which worked out well for them, but from what I've seen this year they are nowhere near the level they were that year and nowhere near the level of UConn right this second. Home court might give them an advantage, or they might come out tight and nervous. Either way, I am PUMPED to see the Huskies first test of the year.

HGN

Reaction Score
I am just looking forward to the game to see the Team in Action.

I know there's been a lot of buzz about the Freshmen , but I love watching Faris's all-out play. She really gets after it on the defensive end.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Guys your being polite. Every game this season UConn has the potential to score over 90 pts. If they get hot they could score 70 in a half. The question will become who can keep UConn from scoring 100 pts. Lets face it there is no, none, weakness on this team. They can all score in a variety of ways. Stewart a freshman and KML a sophomore are good for 40 pts a night combined. Both are almost unstoppable and youve got the greatest 1 2 punch in WCBB maybe ever. No two players can put up points as quickly as these two and theyre underclassman.

Defensively UConn is better which will account for over 30% of their scoring. This team is a wreaking machine. The only team that will have a chance to keep up with them is Baylor and I believe with Stewart on the floor in a 1-2-2 zone it will be very tuff for Baylor to get an outside shot off (as their 3 pt shooting is not very good) and very difficult to get the ball to Griner and for her to get a shot off. By Feb and March and the FF in April this UConn team will have a 10 pt lead when they come out of the locker room. A 20 pt win for this team will become disappointing, as silly as that sounds.

Remember that knuckhead who predicted 195-0 with Maya EDD and Caroline joining a roster with Renee Tina Kalana etc. Well take a look at this roster, I think its better. Now Im not say they will go 195-0 but I think this team has a very good chance of going undefeated this season, definitely next season and most likely the season after with Kiah in the post. Lets just stay healthly and with all the schollies available after this season, I think Geno has an idea of a couple of great recruits coming to UConn. I cant wait for Sunday and next weeks Paradise Jam.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One thing that A&M does is cause disruption on defense, not on the level of Rutgers but in a similar vain. On the other hand they have more offensive weapons than the usual Rutgers teams. The officials heavily inserted themselves into the game last night and the PSU guards had 8 fouls between Bentley, Taylor, and Lucas.

Bone is skilled and understands the post, how to play it and is skilled but is not a conditioned athlete and UConn will be able to exhaust her. UConn by 30+ over what is a very young team compared to the past two A&M teams. Standish played some excellent D on Bentley and Lucas and do not lose track of Little because if she gets comfortable she has excellent range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom