Reaction Score
@Temple
USF
UCF
@ECU
Houston
@Tulane

Every game is winnable.

As far as replacing Akok, short answer is Whaley has earned those minutes. Have to realize Hurley may like bringing him off the bench for flexibility if Josh gets in foul trouble.

Only other option is Adams or Sid.

Reaction Score
Should be riding a 4 game win streak into senior night at Gampel. Knock off Houston and we have serious momentum into the conference tourney on a 7 game win streak and probably the 5 or 6 seed

Reaction Score
If you play Whaley at PF
you have no backup 5.
Especially if our two bigs get in foul trouble.thats frightening.
Wislon has to be ready. Memphis has great athleticism probably the best we‘ve played this year.
You could even play Bouknight at the four in a pinch. with Adams at the three
If Carlton rebounds like he did today 13 boards . Mixing and matching is easier.
Akok is a big loss as he could have been the games changer.
It all depends on matchups .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
4 guard + Whaley line up down the stretch. Sid and Gilbert didn't play much in the 2nd half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be great if the light went off and Sid realized this can be his time.

Who was it that got injured clearing the way for Marcus White to step up and get minutes?

Reaction Score
Hurley was talking about Sid's injury making it tough to play him.

We're down to:

Vital
Bouk
Gilbert
Carlton
Gaffney
Whaley
Adams

and a semi-injured Sid.

I still think they should get to 18 wins, but it's going to be tough. Need to avoid foul trouble.

Reaction Score
From post game doesn't sound like DH thinks Sid is all that healthy. We may just have AG and BA off bench for big mins. Will be lots of 4 guard rest of way.

Reaction Score
If you play Whaley at PF
you have no backup 5.
Wislon has to be ready. Memphis has great athleticism probably the best we‘ve played this year.
If Carlton rebounds like he did today 13 boards . Mixing and matching is easier.
Agree

Reaction Score
Hurley was talking about Sid's injury making it tough to play him.

We're down to:

Vital
Bouk
Gilbert
Carlton
Gaffney
Whaley
Adams

and a semi-injured Sid.

I still think they should get to 18 wins, but it's going to be tough. Need to avoid foul trouble.
We creamed Temple with 8 right? (No sid). You have to think that the next 4 games are wins, there’s 18. Sid probably heathy by March and we get to 20 maybe 19. A mid seed and maybe a win or two in the AAC tourney but since we lose Akok we need to replace a LOT of minutes. It’s gonna be tough to rattle off 4 in a row against stiff competition to get the auto bid.
However, with the hustle we say today with these 7 1/2, if the shots fall at about 40% and 33% from 3, we can beat every team in the AAC

Reaction Score
Should go 5-1 to finish the reg season heading into the AAC tourney. Gets us to 19 wins and a chance to crack a 20-win season and a likely NIT bid. After all this team has been through this year, I’m sure most fans would take that any day.

Reaction Score
We absolutely can win all 6. I would sign up right now for 5-1 though. Thursday will be a tough game at Temple. We already beat them in Gampel, but they will be looking for revenge. It looks like our last big game of the year will be when Houston comes to Gampel on Senior night. That is another opportunity to pick up a huge win in a payback game.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
You know Houston will be tough. The way it is going now we will show up. However, strange for me, I want a USF beat down more than anything else on remaining games. Of course watching Ralph Sampson take off his jacket and loosen his tie would be priceless. Again, I got it in for USF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I play Whaley at PF
you have no backup 5.

And that's why I put in the comment about Hurley may like idea of bringing Whaley off the bench. The knee jerk reaction is "Whaley played awesome against Memphis. He should start in place of Akok." I don't necessarily agree with that.

If I had my druthers (and I just checked and a have several in work bench), I'd start Adams at the "4" along with Gaff, Vital and Bouk. Obviously we know Vital can get boards down low. Bouk has shown to be a good rebounder crashing from the weakside. Adams has the physical strength to at least make a bigger 4 work down low. Regardless, there is little room left for error, injury of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
We absolutely can win all 6. I would sign up right now for 5-1 though. Thursday will be a tough game at Temple. We already beat them in Gampel, but they will be looking for revenge. It looks like our last big game of the year will be when Houston comes to Gampel on Senior night. That is another opportunity to pick up a huge win in a payback game.

If we do go 5-1 do we have a chance at getting a top 4 seed in the AAC tournament and a bye? Probably not, right?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If we do go 5-1 do we have a chance at getting a top 4 seed in the AAC tournament and a bye? Probably not, right?

Possible but definitely improbable. UConn is equal parts 3 games and teams out of the 4 seed, as it stands.

Without looking at H2H or opponents' remaining schedules, Simple math indicates that if UConn were to go 5-1, SMU, Wichita, and Memphis would all have to go 1-5, 2-4, and 3-3, respectively, or worse.

UConn not getting an AAC bye is a pretty sturdy limb.

Reaction Score
Even with Akok down - I think we go 5-1 down the stretch here.

What's more interesting is everyone else's schedules:

Wichita has:
USF
@Cincy
Temple
@SMU
@Memphis
Tulsa

Memphis has:
ECU
Houston
@SMU
@TUlane
Wichita
@ Houston

SMU has:
@Tulane
@Tulsa
Memphis
Wichita
@UCF

Tulsa has:
@Houston
SMU
Tulane
UCF
@Temple
@Wichita

I think we'll finish ahead Memphis, but passing Wichita is a real possibility. I think passing Tulsa is pie in the sky but there's an outside shot we sneak into a 4-seed, but unlikely. Our schedule is mostly lollipops from here on out - i'd assume we get the five seed for the conference tournament.

That'd give us Tulane in round-1, likely date with Tulsa/SMU in the second round. That's... 19-12 heading ino the AAC tournament. One win there, say SMU/Tulsa bounces us - we're 20-13 - shoe-in for the NIT.

Reaction Score
5-1 puts us at 10-8 in conference, a marked improvement. Wichita would have tiebreak over us I believe. Memphis has a tough schedule.I think 5-1 is best case and 4-2 is more likely. The best I can see is us in 5th or 6th place.

Reaction Score
And that's why I put in the comment about Hurley may like idea of bringing Whaley off the bench. The knee jerk reaction is "Whaley played awesome against Memphis. He should start in place of Akok." I don't necessarily agree with that.

If I had my druthers (and I just checked and a have several in work bench), I'd start Adams at the "4" along with Gaff, Vital and Bouk. Obviously we know Vital can get boards down low. Bouk has shown to be a good rebounder crashing from the weakside. Adams has the physical strength to at least make a bigger 4 work down low. Regardless, there is little room left for error, injury of foul trouble.
Not sure if he'll start or not but I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction. Whaley has been playing pretty well (probably our best big) for a while now.

Reaction Score
That'd give us Tulane in round-1, likely date with Tulsa/SMU in the second round.

I’d signup for that, its a path to 20 wins and a visit to the NIT with a potential home game. Of course we could grab a 2nd round win, but we are playing with 7/8. The back to backs will be tough. I dont think a 2nd round win and 21 wins get us into NCAA tho.

Reaction Score
UConn has 3 road games. They're against bad teams, but they've only won one all year. If they had a healthy Akok or Sid, I'd think it's 80-20 they win those three. They don't. There's a decent chance they slip up one of those three for any number of reasons: foul trouble to Carlton/Whaley, exhaustion, down game, etc.

There's always a chance they beat Houston, and so go 5-1 an unconventional way, but I think 17.5 wins is the over/under, and it will be close.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’d signup for that, its a path to 20 wins and a visit to the NIT with a potential home game. Of course we could grab a 2nd round win, but we are playing with 7/8. The back to backs will be tough. I dont think a 2nd round win and 21 wins get us into NCAA tho.

Yeah. Thinking need to finish 5-1 and get 3 wins in AAC to be on bubble.

Reaction Score
Actually it was Calhoun who was out and cleared the way for for Marcus White . Calhoun was sick and Blaney filled in as coach , he gave Marcus some run . After that White started the 2nd half of games
Who was it that got injured clearing the way for Marcus White to step up and get minutes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom