Looking forward to Warriors Spurs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looking forward to Warriors Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better than they were in 2014? Not sure I'd say that. Completely different team, but the '14 team was arguably re-defining basketball with their Godly spacing and ball movement. That game three against Miami where they shot like 110% in the first half was mind-blowing. If you're referring to the 2012 team, I agree.

To Ace's point, yeah, crazy to consider but this is really the first time since 2012 that OKC has been whole in the playoffs. I'm not convinced OKC's got enough to beat them this time but it's going to be a fight for sure.
It's hard to compare because the teams are so different but this is the best regular season the Spurs have ever had. The big three is no longer the big three, Duncan was much better in '14 and Parker and Ginobili were also better then. Leonard was obviously good then as evidenced by the finals MVP but he is much better now and is a superstar top 5 type player today. Diaw was the key to that '14 team and he just hasn't been the same guy this playoffs. The reason I give the edge to this team is Aldridge. The big three are not what they used to be but they still contribute a lot with their veteran leadership and knack for making big plays. So you have a further diminished big three now and Diaw is playing nowhere near the level he did in the '14 playoffs but Aldridge and Leonard are better than anything they had in '14. Amazing the Spurs aren't going to have to rebuild, they reloaded by signing Leonard and Aldridge to longterm deals and they will build around them.

Reaction Score
Amazing the Spurs aren't going to have to rebuild, they reloaded by signing Leonard and Aldridge to longterm deals and they will build around them.
Seriously. And you just know they're going to do something lowkey brilliant like get Fournier this offseason, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom