Looking forward to Larrier | The Boneyard

Looking forward to Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting good article, looking forward to watching Terry grow with the program and show off his game.

C

Chief00

The biggest loss from DHam will be his rebounds. Gee why is everyone in Travis's S&C have such a problem putting on muscle weight. I know the response will be body types blah blah. But, at some point something else is going on.

Reaction Score
The biggest loss from DHam will be his rebounds. Gee why is everyone in Travis's S&C have such a problem putting on muscle weight. I know the response will be body types blah blah. But, at some point something else is going on.

How about they just get stronger and play basketball? While strength help brains matter too. If he's smart and strong enough he's going to make a difference in this team. As he said he finds it tough to put it on he's not the only one. Look at AB's structure - you think he can do a lot more with that frame? In fact he should be commended for the transition in his body from when he came in. Now if he knows where to be and when to use what he has, he will be plenty strong enough to make plays, it's really that simple.

DHam averaged 9 boards a game as slight as he was, it was because he was smarter not stronger that's for sure!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How about they just get stronger and play basketball? While strength help brains matter too. If he's smart and strong enough he's going to make a difference in this team. As he said he finds it tough to put it on he's not the only one. Look at AB's structure - you think he can do a lot more with that frame? In fact he should be commended for the transition in his body from when he came in. Now if he knows where to be and when to use what he has, he will be plenty strong enough to make plays, it's really that simple.

DHam averaged 9 boards a game as slight as he was, it was because he was smarter not stronger that's for sure!
Well, smarter and cheating off his man on defense to the point that his man was often wide open, but that may have been something KO was willing to accept. I do hope that TL will have dham's tenacity in going after the rebounds.

Reaction Score

If only Durant could put on some weight, come to think of it Curry seems a little too light also. With all the money they get would think they could find a method to put on some good muscle weight.

Reaction Score
Shaka's "sometimes too smart for his own good" comment is odd

He probably wised up and asked Shaka why they press literally all of the time or why he should be chucking up threes like shooting percentages don't matter

C

Chief00

If only Durant could put on some weight, come to think of it Curry seems a little too light also. With all the money they get would think they could find a method to put on some good muscle weight.
Somebody needs to be the rebounder/enforcer - not your leading scorer but somebody

Reaction Score
I've been stating it for a year now, people are going to be shocked in how good Terry Larrier is, he's a future lottery pick, unreal talent.

#sitback&buckleup

Reaction Score
Don't know how Larrier's rebound numbers will stack up against Dham's, he might surprise us here but believe the best is yet to come. The redshirt year is key.

Reaction Score
I've been stating it for a year now, people are going to be shocked in how good Terry Larrier is, he's a future lottery pick, unreal talent.

#sitback&buckleup
We heard the same about Purvis, so maybe let's wait to see him play before making these types of declarations.

He's a great athlete and a terrific fit, but he has to get a whole lot better from him freshman year to turn into a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
We heard the same about Purvis, so maybe let's wait to see him play before making these types of declarations.

He's a great athlete and a terrific fit, but he has to get a whole lot better from him freshman year to turn into a lottery pick.

I think the difference is that at camps and tryouts (I believe team USA??) rodney was getting some pretty bad press. Check out the review on draft express somewhere. Rodney's measurables were always working against him: he's too short for his position, has small hands, and he has a minus wingspan (sorry, had to say it), even if he is a great athlete. This isn't to say Rodney isn't a killer college player. He is a tremendously improved defender, shooter and ft shooter. His handle and finishing ability, and point guard ability/mentalitywill always be what holds him back.

On the other hand, Larrier is getting rave reviews before the season. He's coming up in the first round already for those who have updated mocks. I don't think he'll go unless he has a very quick adjustment yet, but it's a good sign. He has close to prototypical size if he can put on some weight. He's build much like Paul George was at his age I remember some aau guys saying. He is a great athlete with a good handle for his size I'm pretty sure. If he can get a respectable shot and work on his IQ we could be in an ok place at the 3/small ball 4.

Larrier has a much higher ceiling, which is where the hype comes from. and if it's true he's improved and bulked up without losing athleticism we could be in for a hell of a season.

I think with Rodney, KO hyped him too much with the whole Ferrari thing. I think KO is NOT doing that this time because he has learned his lesson. Red shirts have an adjustment period basically always.

Reaction Score
He's in 1st round on Draft Ecpress and .Net. It's good in the sense of how impressive he's been

Plus AB getting to 240lbs

Could be great year if they gel quickly and Adams/RP/AG backcourt is great

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You know what I'm looking forward to?

Basketball!

I so desperately want this season to start. I actually love the idea of 6 newcomers fighting for minutes. Can't wait for JA to put his stamp on this team. Anxious to see how Enoch has improved with the overseas experience. If he can rebound the way he did over the summer, and can manage to stay out of foul trouble, this team could be very dangerous. Amida will be Amida, and I can live with that. Kentan needs to be a little more consistent. Senior year is not the time for flashes of great play. He doesn't need to be a star, but we need all his minutes to be meaningful.

I don't think we have to worry about Rodney. He's ready to shine.

With improvement in our existing core and an exciting cast of newcomers, I think we might see some juggling before KO comes up with a starting lineup and specific combinations to handle different team matchups, but I'm really optimistic for this year.

Now when does it start, dammit!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He's in 1st round on Draft Ecpress and .Net. It's good in the sense of how impressive he's been

Plus AB getting to 240lbs

Could be great year if they gel quickly and Adams/RP/AG backcourt is great
He's not listed on DX. Just .net.

C

Chief00

Don't know how Larrier's rebound numbers will stack up against Dham's, he might surprise us here but believe the best is yet to come. The redshirt year is key.

From what I have seen - he's a much better shooter than DHam. Smoother type player.

C

Chief00

Much better shooting stroke than Purvis.

C

Chief00

I don't know the %. I think Purvis shooting has improved through hard work - good for him. He is a decent shooter if he sets his feet and has time. Not really a jump shot; more of a set shot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
didn't Hamilton battle against Larrier during practice all of last year? hopefully it helped Larrier as well

Reaction Score
Terry was nailing corner threes on Vance Jackson's snap chat today (at least I think it was Terry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom