Looking for the bright side of all this losing | The Boneyard

Looking for the bright side of all this losing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps, if this losing continues like this, Rentschler field will become such a suckhole for finances that some creative business people at UCONN will be able to negotiate a purchase of the property and facility for UCONN from the state?

Maybe?

There will be another football season in 2015. I would prefer to remain a tenant of the facility, with sold out crowds, and argue about the aspects of competing for a league title, and reaching the college football playoff from our position in the intercollegiate landscape, over arguing about WTF our coaching staff is doing with game planning and wondering about the future of our home venue. We'll see what the new year brings.

The goal of every new season is to win a title. You make every effort to get there, by trying to win every game. Maybe after looking in the stands on Saturday, our coaches and administration will never forget that.

So, happy Hanukkah, merry Christmas, happy Kwanzaa, happy Festivus, and to any others I've missed - enjoy your holiday season.

Reaction Score
Why build a dome? Couldn't we just build a stadium that encourages fans to stand in the concourse or in the endzone next to 75 beer stands rather than sit and watch the game? Oh, wait ....

Brilliant.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The plan is relatively simple if one thinks about it.

Diaco wanted to get the young kids a lot of time so that they could be experienced next year and, more importantly, the year after (2016). And he was going to do it at the expense of the older players that in some cases should have been playing in front of the young kids, but that won't be here in 2016. And by his own admission, victories be damned. The fact that we lost a lot of games actually helps his plan, oddly enough. If the young kids "improve" to 4-8 or 5-7 in 2015, then "the plan is working." In 2016, when the freshmen and sophomores have become juniors and seniors, and have logged a combined 20 - 25 games under their collective belts, and when they get to 7-5 or 8-4, Diaco will look like he's accomplished something big. He'll probably get a contract extension.

But it doesn't change the fact that he likely would have ended up with a similar record in 2016 regardless of who he played this year, and he threw away games while we paid to watch them. I'll be ecstatic when I see us go bowling again, which I'm confident will happen by 2016, but I'm still pissed off at the unnecessary cost...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Cheaper tickets. That is the only upside. Come at me with an increase in the 3 yr plan, or even '12t to'14 prices, the UConn Athl Dept can go in its hat. Free Blue Parking if you sign for 3. Yeah. That is an upside.

Reaction Score
At one point Saturday I was the only person in the men's room. Only person.
As if that's somehow related to the product on the field, and not the reason why other guys weren't in the bathroom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul