looking for lunch ideas in Hamden? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

looking for lunch ideas in Hamden?

MrP

Reaction Score
Ray & Mikes (get the Buffalo chicken sub), corner deli and Si Mangia (not sure if it’s still open) we’re my go to places in law school

Reaction Score
Ray & Mikes (get the Buffalo chicken sub), corner deli and Si Mangia (not sure if it’s still open) we’re my go to places in law school
Si Mangia has been replaced by P&M on Whitney (new outpost of the New Haven - Orange St Market/Deli).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i bet that i could find veal parm, or moussaka, or chocolate moose cake, in Hamden.
not here, and believe-u-me, i tried. lord, i tried.

all i found was dysentery, and rice, which is not really food.
mebbe my soul was saved, idk. i'd rather have a burger. or pizza.

pro tip: when someone says 'road trip!,' make sure you find out exactly where ur going to, and if it has edible food. and bathrooms, cuz you might need a shower. forget that bathe/baptize in the river stuff. you might turn green, and not from envy.

and why do all these spiritual places only have rem/michael stipe/anorexic looking dudes with shaved heads walking around?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i feel for the gentle readers of my stuff, since, at times, it ends up on the cutting room floor, and the stuff that makes it thru may lack context.
i hear that management is polishing up the 'most likely to offend' award for me. hey, everybody is good at something.

Reaction Score
Back in the day would've suggested Bimonte's Appiza but now across the street Eli's a solid choice comfy for the family. I will add no one is wrong about the Glenwood the dogs are fantastic as are the Lobster roll - which is pricey though. Ice cream (Wentworth?) down the street not far from Sleeping Giant Golf,, forget the name.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ice cream down the street not far from Sleeping Giant Golf,, forget the name.
Wentworth's.

Peach ice cream is the call there, and now is the time for it.

IMO it's better than Kelly's Kone Konnection (attached to Glenwood).

Reaction Score
Wentworth's.

Peach ice cream is the call there, and now is the time for it.

IMO it's better than Kelly's Kone Konnection (attached to Glenwood).
No doubt but less convenient if trying to grab a quick dog & rings ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No doubt but less convenient if trying to grab a quick dog & rings ;)
Absolutely.

I would only consider making the extra trip if it was peach ice cream season, and even then it's questionable because I don't eat a ton of ice cream.

Reaction Score
Gonna make sure to mention Whitney Donut as another option. Local treasure. I don’t eat lunch food there much but they have a full menu of salads and sandwiches, as well as obviously donuts, pastries, and breakfast sandwiches. Just a really classic Hamden spot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would only consider making the extra trip if it was peach ice cream season, and even then it's questionable because I don't eat a ton of ice cream.
Wentworth's creamy, custand-y black raspberry and (occasional special flavor) lemon have been consistently superb for the past several years - the highlight of any Wednesday night ice cream ride from New Haven Green and up the Farmington Canal Rail Trail.

Also noted, the long-time billboard and shop name were changed to Kelly's Cone Connection several years ago, no doubt in response to a closer look at "Kone Konnection" being attached to the name Kelly.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom