Looking back on the ACC decision to take Louisville over UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looking back on the ACC decision to take Louisville over UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are significant cultural differences between WVU and the ACC that will never ever ever go away, specifically between North Carolina and West Virginia. The ACC has turned down WVU about a dozen times over the last 50 years, maybe more. They wouldn't take WVU even if it led to the death of the conference.

I know I've been tough on UConn but a lot of it is frustration when you guys badmouth Louisville incessantly. To be honest, I'd like to see UConn round out the ACC if Notre Dame ever became a full member.

The key is UConn's membership in the AAU. (UConn's metrics are strong enough now for inclusion.) If and when that happens, I think the B1G will be interested and then the ACC will also be interested. This will be because we'll be the only eastern presence left. At that point, I would much prefer the B1G for myriad reasons.

Reaction Score
Seriously -- what in life has a zero chance. I think the concensus is that if the Irish go all in (which will not happen unless they need to to qualify for a playoff), that UConn is, by far, the most likely choice to be #16.

Navy? This gives ND an ACC conference game without really adding another conference game.

Does ND get to select team #16 as an incentive to join (hypothetically) the ACC as the 15th football member?

Reaction Score
The problem with UConn getting into the ACC is that every time UConn thinks it has the key metric to get in (basketball, TV sets, academics, etc.), the certain members within the ACC find a new metric to keep us out. The Huskies natural rivals are in the ACC today; but, I believe in the long term, UConn would get more value out of the B1G and vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom