Looking ahead | The Boneyard

Looking ahead

Reaction Score
The line up I am looking forward to won’t come until the 2022-23 season when the starting five will be Paige, Azzi, Caroline, AE, and Dorka. Print up NC banner now.

Reaction Score
The can't miss, pencil in a NC team always seems to be next year. For now what I'm looking forward to is to see what this team does this year. A NC is hardly out of the question, which would leave next year's team trying to live up to this year's team.

Reaction Score
The can't miss, pencil in a NC team always seems to be next year. For now what I'm looking forward to is to see what this team does this year. A NC is hardly out of the question, which would leave next year's team trying to live up to this year's team.
I am not ruling out a NC this year but luck will play a bigger roll than usual and might include other teams losing at the wrong time—for them.

Reaction Score
NC or not, it is the lineup I look forward to watching after a year of preparation. That’s all.

Reaction Score
The line up I am looking forward to won’t come until the 2022-23 season when the starting five will be Paige, Azzi, Caroline, AE, and Dorka. Print up NC banner now.
I think we really need some back up for our guards or better yet bring in player that’s starter material to challenge them.

I’m hoping Amari, Piath, or the one of freshman will be able to really contribute at the 4 or 5. But guard wise we need some backup, hopefully we can grab a high quality player from the portal. We’ll have Nika too of course but haven’t seen enough of her yet to tell if she’s gotten much better.

Reaction Score
I am not ruling out a NC this year but luck will play a bigger roll than usual and might include other teams losing at the wrong time—for them.
I get what you're saying Dokey but our team this year has a bunch of really good players, including Paige who is exquisitely good. This team may be the beast we yearn for by mid-seaaon. Defense always lags offense; give it time.

It may be the days are over that there is a team just head and shoulders better than the rest.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"Print up the banner"?? Could anything be more jinxing than such a statement? You seriously must be an operative from South Carolina or Tennessee or whatever.

As a designated intermediary with the Gods of Jinx and Hijinks, I implore you to stop.

Reaction Score
I believe by the end of this season, that this year's team will be a better than next years' at the end of their season.

All the freshmen, particularly Fudd, will be playing really well by the end of this year. They will be better next year. But UConn will have lost three great seniors, the second, third and fourth best players. The improvement in the remaining team members and the incoming freshmen will mot make up for them.

In the last game, CW and Evina were superb.

Olivia played much tougher and more aggressively than last year. I think that her fouling will be largely corrected.
Perhaps that is more a hope and a prayer- but it is something that Geno will be able to really focus on. And, he has the luxury of being able to bench her

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Screenshotted and saved until April 2023, just in case it doesn't happen. ;)

Reaction Score
Why might that be, pray tell?

Reaction Score
I think Dokey is a Caroline fan. I am too. And a Dorka fan. We are going to miss the seniors though for sure. Strong both offensively and defensively.

Reaction Score
I believe by the end of this season, that this year's team will be a better than next years' at the end of their season.

All the freshmen, particularly Fudd, will be playing really well by the end of this year. They will be better next year. But UConn will have lost three great seniors, the second, third and fourth best players. The improvement in the remaining team members and the incoming freshmen will mot make up for them.

Olivia played much tougher and more aggressively than last year. I think that her fouling will be largely corrected.
Perhaps that is more a hope and a prayer- but it is something that Geno will be able to really focus on. And, he has the luxury of being able to bench her
agree, this year's group should be the better.

Reaction Score

Been working on ONO's foolish fouls for 3 plus years. What makes you think anything will change.

Reaction Score
I think Dokey is a Caroline fan. I am too. And a Dorka fan. We are going to miss the seniors though for sure. Strong both offensively and defensively.
Paige will be a Junior (though she played like a senior from game one). How much better she’ll be is frightening. But to get to that senior less team (not counting Dorka if she stays), Caroline and Azzi have to get the minutes needed to develop. Throw in AE and other returnees and the potential for a better team is there. The current team is only better if ONO fulfills her potential. One of the factors that makes this team possibly better than next year’s is that Evina may be the Evina we all knew was there before the injury.

Reaction Score
As an old and often beleaguered Brooklyn Dodger fan “Wait till next year” was my sad mantra. To see that mind set surface here with this roster is dumbfounding. If they can’t cut down the nets this season, I’m not sure it matters who is on the roster next season. The problem is clearly something other than talent.

Reaction Score
Every year the team should have won a National Championship. If you listen to the banter on this forum when discussing the new recruits you would think that "this set of recruits" was the next coming and then: the disappointment sets in. Even Paige in her first year could not will her way and play her way to a National Championship. If they would play as the team that Geno teaches them how to play the probabilites might go up. When they played Fort Hays all of them played with confidence. You put up Arkansas and all of he new players play like deer in the headlights and with no confidence. You know he talks about defense all of the time to these players and it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other. But, if you get on the floor and you are just plain scared, you are of no help and they cannot win a National Championship with only 3 players one of which is PB.

Whose is coming in next year? The next Messiah to bring a National Championship?

Reaction Score
“We” always when at least 1 championship when we have a generational player on the team. Right?

Reaction Score
Dorka has 2 years of eligibility as a Grad student??

Reaction Score
Every year the team should have won a National Championship. If you listen to the banter on this forum when discussing the new recruits you would think that "this set of recruits" was the next coming and then: the disappointment sets in. Even Paige in her first year could not will her way and play her way to a National Championship. If they would play as the team that Geno teaches them how to play the probabilites might go up. When they played Fort Hays all of them played with confidence. You put up Arkansas and all of he new players play like deer in the headlights and with no confidence. You know he talks about defense all of the time to these players and it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other. But, if you get on the floor and you are just plain scared, you are of no help and they cannot win a National Championship with only 3 players one of which is PB.

Whose is coming in next year? The next Messiah to bring a National Championship?
First game jitters are the norm, not the exception. Let’s give them 10 or 12 games and the evaluate their play. However, on paper, which is really the only legitimate/fair way to look at it this early, I can’t think of any team in my time of following women’s basketball that had as much talent as this one! Does that guarantee anything? No! But I’d certainly rather be us than any other team. In my opinion, our championship hopes ride on two things, injuries and defense. We have dominated women’s basketball because unlike Maryland, for example, we have not simply had a world class offense or defense but both. Sure, we outscore almost everyone we play, as does Maryland. However, we almost always hold the opponents scoring below their norm as well. That is the main reason we have 11 championships. If Geno et al can get this team to play defense somewhere close to what we have played in the past, we will be huge favorites to win number 12. IMO Of course, as we have seen periodically, when it comes down to one game anything can happen, but the favorite is that for a reason and more often than not will prove their superiority on the court. As for those occasions when they don’t well, that’s why March Madness is the most exciting time in all of sports! IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom