Looking Ahead | The Boneyard

Looking Ahead

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So now we have a feel for what the team is and can be. I think we can safely view St. Joes as an aberration and wake up call. Team showed a lot of grit coming back against Xavier and hopefully learned some valuable lessons about winning time. It showed on Sunday. Put the foot on the throat and don't let up.

Next up, Maine. Potential let up game, so let's see if they bring their A game. Can win this easily with a B game. Same with Iona. But I want to see that killer instinct they had against Miami. That trends towards: Indiana.

Indiana, a 9:00 PM game on ESPN. This should be our "we're back" moment on a national stage. IU is 5-0 against a weak schedule.

Three more easy games against St. Peters, UNH and NJIT before we start league play on New Year's Day against Cincinnati. Hopefully we can go into that game at 10-2. I'm feeling good about league play. I think we may have as much talent as anyone, if not the most experienced talent.
  • Cinci plays Xavier and Vermont before then, good measuring stick opportunities.
  • USF doesn't impress, especially without Yetna.
  • WSU has a murderer's row slate coming up with Ok State, OU and VCU. Let's see how they fare.
  • Houston looks down to me. Losing to BYU and getting handled by Oregon. Ok State game is big.
  • Temple beat USCw and faces Maryland Thursday.

Reaction Score
Regarding Indiana's 5-0 record, Sagarin rates Indiana's strength of schedule as the second weakest in all of D-1, 352nd out of a possible 353. UConn's SOS is 85. Nevertheless, Sagarin favors Indiana by 3 on a neutral court. Given UConn's MSG advantage, I guess that would make the game a pickem.

FWIW, UConn jumped 44 places in the Sagarin ratings off the Charleston performance -- from #108 to #64. Somehow Indiana is at #38 despite having beaten nobody.

Reaction Score
Regarding Indiana's 5-0 record, Sagarin rates Indiana's strength of schedule as the second weakest in all of D-1, 352nd out of a possible 353. UConn's SOS is 85. Nevertheless, Sagarin favors Indiana by 3 on a neutral court. Given UConn's MSG advantage, I guess that would make the game a pickem.

FWIW, UConn jumped 44 places in the Sagarin ratings off the Charleston performance -- from #108 to #64. Somehow Indiana is at #38 despite having beaten nobody.
Beating everyone even when they are nobody is rewarded by computers.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Regarding the Indiana game @ MSG - Seems they made plenty more tickets available recently in the lowers. Unfortunately still at $96 ..... hopefully that price drops a bit.

Reaction Score
Remaining schedule breakdown-

Gotta bank these gimmes (6 games)
- Maine, Iona, St. Peter's, New Hampshire, NJIT, at East Carolina

Slight favorites where we need to take care of business, especially at home (7 Games)
- at USF, Tulane (H), Wichita State (H), Tulsa (H), Temple (H), USF (H), UCF (H),

Toss Ups (Our NCAA fate will be determined by how we do in these games, are we mature enough to finally go on the road in this league to Tulsa or Dallas and beat a team or do we lay an egg like we have done so far?)
(7 games)
- Indiana (Neutral), at Tulsa, Cincinnati (H), at SMU, at Temple, at Tulane, Houston (H)

Slight underdogs (won't hurt too much to lose) (2 games)
- at Cincinnati, at Houston

Underdogs (would be great wins but the least likely wins on the schedule, won't hurt us if we lose) (3 games)
- Memphis (H/A), at Villanova

How we do in those middle 14 games will really tell the tale.

Reaction Score
They scored 26 points total.
Virginia’s defense is either next level, or they have somehow played the countries worst offenses. Avg 40 ppg given up. Absolutely stunning. Either way, Maine shouldn’t be a problem as long as the huskies can keep up the effort and intensity.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Virginia’s defense is either next level, or they have somehow played the countries worst offenses. Avg 40 ppg given up. Absolutely stunning. Either way, Maine shouldn’t be a problem as long as the huskies can keep up the effort and intensity.
VA's been doing defensively for several years
That's the program's calling card
No surprises there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104