Looking Ahead to UConn Syndrome ? | The Boneyard

Looking Ahead to UConn Syndrome ?

Reaction Score
This seems to be happening a lot of late. And I think to some extent, it only happens to teams that have already played UConn. I don't think the average team is caught looking ahead as much as teams looking to get a second shot at the Huskies.

Obviously, it's possible that was a factor for both Maryland and Baylor, but it feels like that has happened a lot in recent years. Anyone else get that feeling ? Can't be just coincidence.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This seems to be happening a lot of late. And I think to some extent, it only happens to teams that have already played UConn. I don't think the average team is caught looking ahead as much as teams looking to get a second shot at the Huskies.

Obviously, it's possible that was a factor for both Maryland and Baylor, but it feels like that has happened a lot in recent years. Anyone else get that feeling ? Can't be just coincidence.
Looking ahead to getting a second shot - yes, I think so.
But I think it happens to higher seeds and more talented teams against anyone, at any time during the year.
I still harp back to that post game comment from a TN player after they lost for the third time in a row to Alabama - 'As a team we didn't think we had to play our best against Alabama' - that a player actually said it points to a 'two cents' mind, but I think it happens all the time to pretty much every team out there. And this was the third loss in a row to a team, and from a player on a team that had lost 26 games in two years to the worst teams in the SEC as well as power houses. If a player on that mediocre a team can think and say that with absolutely no evidence to back those thoughts up, what about a team that had a 15-0 record in the current season playing against a light weight.

And that is why 110 is incredible as were 90 and 70, and 6 undefeated seasons and 9 undefeated regular seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom